Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is boxing dead???

TC2

I havent seen a good heavy weight fight in so long.

I have a pretty good collection of old fights and I still watch them ocasionally.

Seems like boxing has gone down hill since
Tyson ruled the ring(yes I know there are people who beat him).

You just never see good brawls anymore, when they were both exhausted and fought with pure heart and determination.

I really think that Holyfield was the last true champion.

I agree. There hasn't been a good brawl for a while. I think everyone finally figured out that pro boxing is rigged, and 90% of contenders were involved with Don King. Lost interest. Besides, when you have shows like Jackass and all that, why watch a quality fight when you can watch someone nearly kill themselves? I also have switched to MMA.

A better way to state it is: Is heavyweight boxing dead. There have been spectacular middle weight, light heeavyweight, featherweight fights the last few years. Gatti v Ward trilogy, De La Hoya vs Mosley, Barrera vs Morales, De La Hoya v Vargas, etc.

Ganryu said:
Yeah, but I like a good heavyweight brawl. :)

same here but those he listed are all really good fights.

Most people have never seen these guys fight Gatti v Ward they are true warriors.

Mixed martial arts, Pride Fighting, and the UFC have taken a lot of interest out of profess. boxing. Who wants to watch to guys with 16 oz gloves dance around with each other when you can watch two guys beat the living shit outta each other bear handed?

josh

Prime Rib said:
Mixed martial arts, Pride Fighting, and the UFC have taken a lot of interest out of profess. boxing. Who wants to watch to guys with 16 oz gloves dance around with each other when you can watch two guys beat the living shit outta each other bear handed?

josh

I like mma also, but most matches are over to quick. and boxing requires more heart and endurance.

Now before you go ape shit, by more heart I mean its a lot harder to go toe to toe trading punches, rather than choke or lock someone into submission.

TC2 said:
I like mma also, but most matches are over to quick. and boxing requires more heart and endurance.

Now before you go ape shit, by more heart I mean its a lot harder to go toe to toe trading punches, rather than choke or lock someone into submission.

Agreed.

Top Bottom