Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

internet security and why we need pgp or at least hushmail

chesty

Bodybuilding Competitor
Elite Moderator
Just use pgp or elite fitness. I believe you can use pgp with the elite fitness mail by encrypting your message first and pasting in the message. That way you are doubly protected. I trust no one in this game!

chesty said:
Just use pgp or elite fitness. I believe you can use pgp with the elite fitness mail by encrypting your message first and pasting in the message. That way you are doubly protected. I trust no one in this game!

I do the same thing, except I write it in pig latin and then send it over unencrypted mail.
I mean who could ever break pig latin other than the intended receipient?

sorry. I thought it was funny.
seriously - hushmail and/or pgp are wonderful things if you use them right. the main problem are the people that don't use them right and then assume that they are protected and they aren't.
equiv to poking holes in your condoms so your dick can breathe and then having sex expecting protection.

other good resources are..........

www.safeweb.com which effectively spoofs your ip addy.....

www.zonealarm.com is an excellent firewall

use pgp......even if you dont encrpyt email with it and use the hush/elite system, use this prog to encrypt files on your harddrive and wipe files so no recovery prog will find them............

Unity66

I know. I was just trying to impress you Happy. I want to be down.

it is actually switching to openpgp at the new better looking version 2.0 (I think they are like 1.4 now or some shit).

as it goes now it is:
on your screen plaintext --> the java applet encrypts it in 1024bit blowfish (fucking HUGE keyset) --> browser sends this out over an ssl channel which is 128bit (I think it is DES) --> then that get descrypted on the server and stored in blowfish 1024 (the same as before).
then you want it is reverses that process... obviously it is a little more involved than this - but this is why it is so disgustingly secure if you go from hush to hush or ef or whatever.
if you go to an insecure partner, then it is plaintext on the screen, sent 128bit ssl (DES) to the server, and then sent plaintext from the server to the outside server - a whole lotta suck.

and part of the reason this is good is even if you could break the 128DES, which is really fucking hard, you would only get down to the 1024 (which would be hard to tell b/c it is all gibberish so it is hard to tell when you've broken it).
then 1024 would take longer than forever to brute force.

yeah, he's dreamy

prz.jpg

Top Bottom