Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Info for cyclists

road kill said:
Veloman - I'd have to agree with you on anabolics. While I've not race pro in europe, I have raced amateur. I've tried a few 'cycles' of different anabolics - eq, test, winny, deca,. Personally I found only a slight recovery benefit but not as much as you would think. Test being the best. Weight gain was a problem but this is more to due with my genetic makeup. A predisposition to gaining muscle easily I guess. I felt like corticoids mainly kenalocort40 (coritsone) are used more prevantly. The strong antiinflammatory effects are great for stage races and keeping soreness away. Shit will make you waste away (muscle). Cortisone, epo and amphetimines are more of the norm than steroids.

I've heard from a friend of a D.S of a Large Pro Team here in the states that EPO is not as prevalant as in Europe with the pros but amphetemines are around. If it's going to make you faster though someone will get it and use it. Always.

I agree. However in the US I think there are a fair number of top riders on AAS. I don't think corticoids are as prevalent either. Look at the bodies of a lot of top guys. Many are heavily muscled compared to their Euro counterparts. This makes me think they're juicin since cycling at that level is naturally catabolic and only AAS can maintain that lean body mass under such conditions. And I stand by the belief that the majority of guys aren't training or racing to the level domestically where they need corticoids to aid recovery. Not that they wouldn't be useful.

A side note on EPO. MOST US teams do not have the money and/or medical program to allow their riders to use EPO. EPO is inherently expensive so I think most top domestic guys wouldn't have the cash to afford it and they wouldn't have the medical support needed to use it safely (ie not killing themselves after a month). I don't doubt EPO usage exists domestically, but I'd say in a very small percentage of top riders (or rich masters racers!) And in general I think most guys can recover from training and racing well enough so their hematocrit levels aren't supressed like what happens to rider towards the end of a 3 week tour.

FHG

Top Bottom