Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I'm retiring from basketball.

biteme said:
No, but I'm not gonna play like a pussy. If a guy wants to drive to the hoop and I'm standing near the basket, I'm not getting out of his way.. I play with a football mentality. If he's not that big or strong and he plows into me, then he's gonna hurt some.. That's his decision.

you hit a shooter in the face trying to contest his shot; that's pretty much all your fault.

nimbus said:
you hit a shooter in the face trying to contest his shot; that's pretty much all your fault.

Well he shot a jump shot from beyond the 3 point arc and I jumped to try and block it or get a hand in his face, his momentum carried him forward and our bodies collided. I think his face hit me in the chest. So that one probably was my fault and that's why I felt bad about it. I thought he was gonna land in the same spot he jumped from, but he came forward... On the other play, A guy made a move for the basket from the left wing and I came over from the other side to meet him and I stuck my arm up before he made an attempt to go up for the shot and when he went up, his face collided with my hand, so I think that one was his fault... On the previous game in the week, I was just protecting the basket and a few guys got clobbered because they drove hard to the basket and I guess expected everyone to move out of their way.

biteme said:
I keep hurting people on the court and not at all meaning to. I jumped at a shooter to put a hand in his face and we came together and he had to leave because his jaw was hurt.. Then I attempted to stop a guy from making a layup at the basket and I stuck my hand up and when he went up, he got poked in the eye. I feel very bad about these things, so I'm going to hang it up despite how much I love the game. Plus, after playing for hours this week, my knees are so sore, I can hardly stand up. Shit's bad for the knees.

Sorry to hear that
I stopped playing Rugby, it is like American Football, But you guys have protection clothing, and we dont, well i stopped playing because i too kept hurting people, i guess we sometimes forget our own strength, and i have also hurt myself a few times, shoulder injury, leg injury, told myself it is not worth the pain, soo now i dont play anymore

sugarlicious said:
Sorry to hear that
I stopped playing Rugby, it is like American Football, But you guys have protection clothing, and we dont, well i stopped playing because i too kept hurting people, i guess we sometimes forget our own strength, and i have also hurt myself a few times, shoulder injury, leg injury, told myself it is not worth the pain, soo now i dont play anymore

Yeah, as much as I love basketball, I hate the rules. In football, you know where you stand, you're trying to overpower the other guy. In basketball it's different and people are always whining that you're playing too rough, so sometimes I slack off and I hate that. Not my fault that I'm too big and strong for them. One thing I especially don't understand is if a guy starts making a drive for the basket and you get called for a blocking foul because you run and get in his way, but you stop and don't run into him.. He runs into you and knocks the shit out of himself because he's weaker than you. I feel if you are stopped, then his ass should attempt to go around you and not into you. I reallly hate the rule and think it's a pussy rule designed to protect weak players..... Guys get knocked on their ass and scream out goddamn!!... like I raped them or something... They're just embarrassed cause they were hoping that they'd knock me back and didn't expect to bounce off like they hit a rock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn85
I play once a week. Every Tuesday at lunch with co-workers.

Where else can you get a great cardio workout, have fun and engage in smacktalk all at the same time?

Smurfy said:
sex with my husband

Touche' ! :artist:

Top Bottom