Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Housing Value and Baseball Stadium

FreeballinDC

Dumper Humper
I just read in the Washington Post about DC's bid on a new baseball stadium to lure the Montreal Expos to DC.

The article stated that the city put in a US$338M bid for a new stadium

If DC manages to get the Expos, the leading place to build the stadium is approximately 3 to 5 blocks from my house.

Would this raise or lower the value of my house?

.. IMO
flush.jpg

I was kinda thinking the same thing.

Shitty parking, roving bands of drunken fans, looting, vandalism, and that's just in my front yard.

FreeballinDC said:
I was kinda thinking the same thing.

Shitty parking, roving bands of drunken fans, looting, vandalism, and that's just in my front yard.

And other less desirable types.

Unless you feel the growth will someday offer you an opp. to
sell to a developer.

It should raise your property value. In Houston they built the Astros stadium about 4 years ago I think and now they're building a new basketball/hockey arena in the same area of downtown. Since the new developments, these townhomes 300k + are being built all over the area. Also, upscale restaraunts and bars are sprouting up everywhere. I had an opportunity to buy a condo in a high rise a couple of years before the Astros stadium was built for 50k. It was a one bedroom, very small and old unit. It now goes for 125k.

Top Bottom