Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Holy crap, that was the worst call I've seen in baseball

seven ways to reach base, was gonna happen some day.......
1. hit
2. error
3. base on balls
4. hit by pitch
5. dropped third strike
6. catcher's interference
7. Fielder's choice

plifter said:
I don't really have a favorite in the White Sox Angels series but damn, the Angels got screwed. The batter was called out. The inning was over. I'm wondering if this can be appealed. I know you can't appeal a judgement call as to whether or not the catcher caught the ball, but the procedural error of the umpire calling him out and ending the inning mght be grounds for an appeal.

Will we see replay use in baseball in the future?

Ump ruled "strike three"

He did not signal the third out.

ITs the catchers fault much in the same way that a boxer wont protect himself when he THINKS the ref should cal a foul on the other boxer.

The Shadow said:
Ump ruled "strike three"

He did not signal the third out.

ITs the catchers fault much in the same way that a boxer wont protect himself when he THINKS the ref should cal a foul on the other boxer.

No, he clearly gave the out signal. The inning should have been over. There isn't anyone saying the umpire was correct. Not even the White Sox players. If he ruled that the ball hit the dirt from the beginning, it would have been understandable.

Bad call BUT the Angels gave up a stolen base and gave up a double on an 0-2 count. That is what cost them the game.

Top Bottom