Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Holy crap, that was the worst call I've seen in baseball

plifter

Banned
I don't really have a favorite in the White Sox Angels series but damn, the Angels got screwed. The batter was called out. The inning was over. I'm wondering if this can be appealed. I know you can't appeal a judgement call as to whether or not the catcher caught the ball, but the procedural error of the umpire calling him out and ending the inning mght be grounds for an appeal.

Will we see replay use in baseball in the future?

not a chance. replay hasn't survived any of it's attempts. it's the Chisox year anyway.

Out of the two I want the sox to win. Cardinal fan all the way. I would love nothing more than to see a Cardinal/W. Sox World Series!!

A lot of people around here, "central IL" are cardinals fans, but would like to see the W. Sox get to the series as well.

Whiskey

On a side note, yes it was a bad call

Whiskey

whats baseball

horrible call, not blaming the WS at all, the batter made the smart decision by running to first but that call was horrible. Even worst was the ump crew's decision to stand by it on the post game interview, even after viewing the replay.

DieselGunz said:
What exactly happened?

shitty call that caused the Angels the game. Ball never hit the dirt, batter was called out by the umpire, batter runs to first anyway not sure if the ball hit the ground, umpire dumb enough to think maybe the batter knew/saw something he didn't, batter on first. Next guy gets a single game over. Ball clearly never hit the ground, should have been out #3.

plifter said:
I don't really have a favorite in the White Sox Angels series but damn, the Angels got screwed. The batter was called out. The inning was over. I'm wondering if this can be appealed. I know you can't appeal a judgement call as to whether or not the catcher caught the ball, but the procedural error of the umpire calling him out and ending the inning mght be grounds for an appeal.

Will we see replay use in baseball in the future?
in the future i see robots playing baseball while the players sit in the dugout and remotely tell them what to do. Juice will be naturally lifted from the sport after the year when 876 robots will rust from their weekly injections and they are, as a result, sent to the junk yard.

Top Bottom