Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Herschel Walker

Longhorn85 said:
I almost cried when he left GA early to sign with the USFL. It was a big deal, he would have won back-to-back Heismanns. I remember a Sports Illus cover story in 1982 which detailed his workout routine. 300 pushups before bed every night or something like that.
I saw a few dozen USFL games including herschel with the new jersey generals. my college was a block away from legion field in birmingham and we'd just walk on down to the games
drunk and stoned
or hungover

Herschel crushes future Dallas Cowboy teammate Bill Bates.

Dial_tone said:
Herschel crushes future Dallas Cowboy teammate Bill Bates.

that's a famous clip

what about when bo jackson ran sideways along the outfield wall to make a catch in the major leagues?

Spartacus said:
that's a famous clip

what about when bo jackson ran sideways along the outfield wall to make a catch in the major leagues?
There's a story that Bo hit a homer in Athens that hit the outfield scoreboard while it was still going up.

Dial_tone said:
There's a story that Bo hit a homer in Athens that hit the outfield scoreboard while it was still going up.
auburn came to play my NAIA school in baseball and I was there and Bo hit 2 homers and 2 doubles
saw 3 auburn-alabama games at legion field during the bo era

bo and that NFL DB and brave I cant remember his name are in my top 5 athletes of all time

Dial_tone said:
Deion Sanders? or Brian Jordan played for the Braves and Cardinals.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Jordan
deion
it's said that hitting a major league fastball with consistent success is the most difficult task in the 4 major sports
though I might argue scoring goals in the NHL is more difficult

in any event,an athlete that can hit in the major leagues and have good success in another sport gets my admiration

Michael Jordan failed in baseball
Deion and Bo were all-stars in baseball and that was their "second" sport
Brian Jordan had success too

I might rank Deion over BO as I imagine being an NFL DB requires a good degree more split-second mental talent than just running at open holes

PICK3 said:
The bro was jacked and never really lifted.

push-ups, pull-ups and sit-ups. . .didn't really do anything else until he entered the pro ranks. . .truly a gifted physical specimen. . .

Spartacus said:
deion
it's said that hitting a major league fastball with consistent success is the most difficult task in the 4 major sports
though I might argue scoring goals in the NHL is more difficult

in any event,an athlete that can hit in the major leagues and have good success in another sport gets my admiration

Michael Jordan failed in baseball
Deion and Bo were all-stars in baseball and that was their "second" sport
Brian Jordan had success too

I might rank Deion over BO as I imagine being an NFL DB requires a good degree more split-second mental talent than just running at open holes
The thing about Jordan is even though he truly sucked at baseball, I think he put way more into improving his God given ability than Deion or Bo ever thought about doing.

Top Bottom