Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Football training

Spectre

this is a serious question; I am considering doing a walk on for football next year just for fun and maybe do some redshirting, I doubt I would have a snowballs chance to make it. But I want to give it hell. (blocking back or linebacker)

I am fairly fast for my size 6'1.5 230lbs and fairly strong (bench 380, DL 455, sdl 375 squat 405 5x5. Have completed one cycle.

Things I know I need to work on: foot speed and lateral movement speed and eplosiveness.

Can someone suggest a training path for me? Not daily but an overall schedule like 3months of strength, 3months of speed work then tie it together with a complete workout. I can figure out the details. I need a long term game plan. Don't rule out AS timing in all of this.

From my experience, (former football player) you cna train for speed nearly year round. I've found, if you time it correctly some good speed work will facilitate your weight training. What does your 40 look like? Where are you thinking of walking on at?

get yourself a speed ladder ad don beebe's speed development tape and start working. Ultimately togetfaster youmust get stronger and squatting is the best and fastest way. think of running as in terms of an engine, the bigger and stronger the engine the faster the car moves, the lighter the car is with a stronger engine the faster it will be. Winny-v is also the best aas for speed development. Justask Ben johnson who was stripped of his gold in 1988 for using it

Bigballa72: Thanks for input, I read your post on the AS board and was going to hit you with the question, low and behold, you beat me to it. I've been really working my squats and deads and throw around some decent wait and reps. Just getting back to doing some sprints and I couldn't believe how fast my starts were. How do you work on lateral speed? thanks!

For lateral speed, I'd say try repetitions of carioca, lateral sprinting/starts and maybe side jumps. You can also run shuttle and T-Runs.

Spectre said:
Bigballa72: Thanks for input, I read your post on the AS board and was going to hit you with the question, low and behold, you beat me to it. I've been really working my squats and deads and throw around some decent wait and reps. Just getting back to doing some sprints and I couldn't believe how fast my starts were. How do you work on lateral speed? thanks!

Is what you need to do is give it hell. Dont let anyone tell ou its not possible. The same thing happend to me. I used to be a fat lineman and wanted to be a tailback after my first year playing. The following year, I earned the tailback spot and our team went 13-0 and i tallied up 32 touchdowns. Longest run was about a 70 yard kick return. I got my 40 to 4.8. I am 14 years old.:angel:

you should email Scott (Rather Be Ruggin' from elite) about this. he has done wonders for athletes in rugby football and hockey. i owe a great deal of my sucess to him.

Here's his email addy : [email protected]

Top Bottom