Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

ex footballers (real football not soccer)

i played soccor since i was in diapers in the diaper league (no shit) till 7th grade. then i got too big and the football coach walked over the the soccor field and said "you dont play soccor, your a football player" and pulled me to the football practice field. i was lucky to be able to play semi-pro football until i got hurt but i will never forget those times. especially me being able to show my son that i played not just talk. talk about being his hero. especially when i made the pro-bowl. if it werent for my ankle i would still be playing today.

i know this doesnt have anything to do with this thread but i just had to brag a bit or i wouldnt be normal on here... lol

Westerners can say what they want about soccer. The truth to any person that has played both types of football, they will be more exhausted after one full game of soccer than they would after 5 full games of football. They might not have as many bruises, but regarding endurance, soccer requires much more.

thats why i am extremely happy i played soccor for so many years. i became the fastest offensive linemen everywhere i played. the others would get winded on each play. if i picked up a fumble i was quick to run it up the field, the others would either just plop down on it or take 3 steps and get tackled because they couldnt run at all.

I don't think football is what people conceptualize as an "endurance" sport because you get frequent breaks.

it does require extreme levels of physical fitness and conditioning. Most people get this by doing cardio and other prolonged physical activities.

I play volleyball, and I don't call it an endurance sport, but I can play better and put out more effort if I am in better cardio shape which i acheive by running long distances (an endurance sport).

I don't think football is what people conceptualize as an "endurance" sport because you get frequent breaks.

it does require extreme levels of physical fitness and conditioning. Most people get this by doing cardio and other prolonged physical activities.

I play volleyball, and I don't call it an endurance sport, but I can play better and put out more effort if I am in better cardio shape which i acheive by running long distances (an endurance sport).

That was the point I was trying to make.

That was the point I was trying to make.
yeah, i think endurance means no breaks as individuals "recover" at different rates than others. There is a big difference between max output and endurance in my opinion but I this is all just my personal opinion and speculation.

Top Bottom