Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Drugs for Nervousness & Fear

Wolverine_K1

I am a fighter & after about 10 fights i am still terrified before every fight. I mean i am so nervous that it drains my fitness. For the entire day prior to the fight i cannot think straight & on the night i worry. In training i can spar & do real hard pad rounds all day but when in the ring by the third round i am gasping for breath & never finish a fight strong. I have to get the guy in the first two rounds & run in the third so i win. Is there any drugs, legal or illegal i could take to help get me over this that would also not affect my performance?

I use to never have any fear problems at all. I've been training for about 20 years and have spent lots of time meditating, and had a great mental balance. But, I've done a few cycles and unfortunately have been affected by anxiety since I started gear. I've had the same dilemma as you. I've tried....

Xanax, only works for me at high doses(1mg+) which unfortunately fatigues me pretty bad.

Valium works, but obviously affects intensity

I'm on my fourth week of inositol(4g a day) and waiting for any positive results but nothing yet. :(

Wellbutrin may have worked, but turned my wood into rubber, so was immediately tossed.

Prozac didn't do shit

Some anti-depressants have anti-anxiety capabilities but they are a huge game of trial and error. There are dozens of them. I know guys that have found things that work great for them, and I know guys that have been trying different drugs for years and haven't found the right one yet. Its a very complex area.

Good luck bro

Do you need something to mellow you out?? Or something to pep you up?? if energy is what you want...before a fight....try a Loratab, Loracept, Vicadin or some sort of Codine...if mellow is what you are looking for, try Blue Xanex at half a pill.

I'm not sure i would go with a CNS depressent before a fight...but a low dose of propranolol could do the trick. It is sometimes prescribed for stage fright and i have used this before presentations. It has worked for me. You can actually feel your heartrate slow down at the onset of nervousness. Plus, its dirt cheap. Good luck.

re nerves

I think you just need to relax and have confidence in your training, knowing that you worked harder than your opp gives you a mental edge.. Second if your not nervous before something big for me at least it shows I dont care and that I dont want it bad enough... As others have said try meditation, get a massage or what ever else you like to relax.. I think with alittle more time your problems will change... good luck

Vigorous

dont listen to vigorous i know we got scouts at our games.............weed mellows me out and i dont think and it is not a cns your nervousness is not fear, it is fight or flight.........back me into a corner and imona fuck you up.......it is not bad but good.........go with the feelings then kill

no

DO listen to vigorous. It is natural to be nervous before something important, particularly if there is a possibility of physical harm. Unless you have some genuine chemical imbalance, drugs are not the answer. You have to spar enough that you are used to the punching/getting punched aspect, and physically train hard enough that you feel you have a physical edge over your opponent. For me, believe it or not, I got over nervousness by getting my ass kicked really bad for the first time. I fought a kid who was much beter than me, got knocked out and got my nose broken. It hurt, but I survived, and now I fear the possibility of getting hurt much less.
At any rate, every boxing league or sanctioning body I have ever been involved with has required a drug and alcohol test before the fight.

Top Bottom