Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Da Bears! Analysis/Predictions/Sausage

Latimer

The Bears are 2nd in the league against the rush. Trailing right behind Baltimore. 13th against the pass and have allowed the fewest points in the NFL. Throw in a couple of defensive td's while you're at it too.

It's pretty difficult to win the game if you can't establish a running game in order to keep the defense honest. Unless of course, you are the Rams. This could explain why the bears aren't so great against the pass. Teams picked up on the fact that Da Bears are killing the run this year and turned to the air to get the yards. Their secondary isn't the greatest, but they are developing nicely. Mike Brown is awesome and it's only his 2nd year. I see great things in his future and he might end up one of the better db's in the league. They're a little weak at the corners, but this is a relatively young group of starters they have in the backfield.

They have a solid core of linebackers led by my boy Urlacher. Can you say pro bowl for the second straight year? There were some concerns at outside linebacker, but Holdman and Colvin have stepped up nicely and are doing their share. Again we have a young group of guys at this position. Colvin and Holdman being 3 year vets and Urlacher in his 2nd season.

Where's the beef? The interior of the d-line of course. Traylor and Washington are doing the job they're getting paid for and doing it well! You wanna run up the middle? Go ahead and try. You want to take Urlacher out of the play? Good luck getting by over 700lbs of beef. The defensive ends have done surprisingly well so far. Daniels has 4 sacks already and he's not even a good pass rusher. Robinson has been quiet in that area as usual. Both have recorded double digit tackles.

This brings me to the O-line. This has been a solid group of players and are finally getting some of the respect they deserve. They're one of the better lines in the league period. They are anchored by Olin Kreutz at center, who is always in the running for the pro bowl. They shine bright at the tackle position with Brockermeyer and Big Cat Williams holding it down on the ends. A little weak at left guard with Rex Tucker, but he's getting the job done. Villarrial is an above average guard playing on the otherside. The Bears have the fewest sacks in the NFL with opposing teams racking up a whopping 2 sacks this year!

Now to their most skilled position. M-Rob is quickly approaching his old form, which when healthy means that he's as lethal as any other WR in the league, bar none. David Terrell is off to a slow start and has been a dissapointment as of yet. I say this only because he has all the intangibles to become a premiere WR in the NFL. He's a non-factor right now and doesn't see much action. WR's generally don't adjust to the NFL right away so this is to be expected. I still have very high hopes for this kid and hopefully he'll pick it up by the end of the season. Now on to the real surprise of the season, Marty Booker. He tore it up in training camp and hasn't slowed down yet. He was leading the league in receptions and is still in the top 20 (12th). The bye week has a lot to do with his drop in the rankings. I believe everyone ahead of him has yet to have a bye week. If he can keep this up then M-Rob will be freed up greatly and ready for the long ball. Dez White is actually holding onto some balls this year. He has very dangerous speed and could develop into a real good flanker. The Bears are hurting at tight end badly. This is really hurting their passing game in a few areas. This problem should've been addressed before the season started.

Miller time baby! Please stay healthy Jimbo. Even when this guy plays like shit they still manage to win with him at the helm. Strong arm, not so strong in the accuracy department. Has shown flashes of greatness in previous years and definately has leadership ability. Not the guy you can build a team around and is getting on in years. They just seem to pull of the W when Jimmy is back there taking snaps. Definately a fan and local favorite. Shane Matthews is quite the opposite. No arm and good accuracy. Decent backup material and doesn't turn the ball over often. Of course that usually only happens when you actually throw a ball over 10 yards! We'll just skip right by the 3rd stringer, enough ink has been wasted on him.

I should just skip right over the running backs too, but there is some hope. Ok so they are dead last in the rushing department. This isn't very Chicago like and is really killing their passing game. There is hope here and the A-Train is finally starting to put the gears into motion and adjust to the speed of the NFL. Look for him to be the out and out starter and stay there for the rest of the year. He's shown he can play in this league and at times, can play very well. I expect to see him breakout very soon and start putting up some numbers. If not all-around then definately in the redzone and critical situations. James Allen may just be the hardest working man in football, but he just doesn't have the raw talent and skills to really make an impact. It's a shame because he plays with a lot of heart. Nice reliable backup and can be a great third down back. Damien Shelton rounds out the backfield at FB. He's a pretty good blocking fullback and knows his role. He'll probably be suspended soon for violating the banned substance rule. Stanley Pritchett has been signed and is a more dimensional back.

You may be saying, "Wow Latimer, with all that talent you've mentioned, why aren't da Bears the talk of the NFL and rolling out the bandwagon for all the pseudo-fans to hop on?" "This team is clearly the next great dynasty the way you have chalked them up."

After some big wins against the Cincy Bungles, the Cleveland Steamers, and the San Fran Assminers, Joe Public will be hopping on that 6-1 bandwagon faster than you can say, "I'll take another plate of pork chops, a polish sausage, a bratwurst and a pitcher of beer (DA BEEEERS!)." Then we will march into the land of the cheeseheads and battle it out with the impressive pack. Followed by another 5 weeks of wreaking havoc on division foes.

There's a few ingredients missing for a dynasty and an appearance on Super Sunday. First we need a talented young QB to consistantly fire that pigskin to our very talented group of WR's. Terrell and A-Train must step up and be the playmakers on offense. This will lead to a very potent offense. The defense is very close to being there already. A little more experience in the backfield and a pure pass rushing beast of a defensive end (i'm talking Richard Dent quality here) and they look a lot like the 85' defensive squad, only younger.

Predictions

Season: 9-7 maybe even 10-6. Playoff bound with the outright divisional win (depending on how they fare against the pack) or the wildcard.

Today's Game: Bears 67 Bengals 3.

Now you may be asking,"Why such a low score?"

That's only the halftime score, my friend!

The bears played the Ravens tough. We coudlnt run on them with Washington and the guy from denver (I dont know his name) on the interior like, and Urlacher.

I think Marcus Robinson is one of the best recievers in the league when he is healthy, and against the ravens some of their other recievers stepped up too.

Traylor is the other defensive tackle next to Washington.

If you think about it, the Bears' defense looks a lot like the Ravens'.

Huge defensive line.

Killer middle linebacker (non Ray Lewis pun).

Awesome free safety.

The Ravens players are way more experienced and have more depth and talent, but if the Bears can keep this roster together, these young guys have the potential and can be a total powerhouse with a key addition at DE.

DA BEARS DA BEARS DA BEARS DA BEARS DA BEARS DA BEARS DA BEARS DA BEARS DA BEARS DA BEARS DA BEARS DA BEARS!

24-0 nothing baby!!!!!!!!!

The next three will be tough---

but if we can get past the niners, browns, and packers---We will have some seriouse momentum going into the latter part of the year.

Losing Marcus Robinson today hurt though--good thing we got several waiting to fill in.---Miller will make 'em look good.

I can't believe M-Rob is out for the season again. Dez White needs to step up and help out Terrell and Booker. This should be interesting to see who lines up where. It hurts but the Bears can overcome this setback. I hope Miller keeps his shit together and stays healthy all season.

The Bears lost to the Ravens, and the Browns beat them. I wouldn't get so cocky about it just yet.

The Bears are going to smoke the brownies.

If Chicago had to play Baltimore tomorrow, they'd kill the Ravens. The Bears didn't have confidence going into the opener. They figured the same superbowl team from last year was going to play. Plus Shane Matthews was starting for them. Now they're rolling on confidence and that can make the difference in the NFL.

Top Bottom