Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

cure's/treatments you;ve found for injuries?

danielson

Elite Mentor
Platinum
i dont think anyones done this before, given the scrapes and knocks we can take it would be nice to find out if anyone has any magical techniques :D

i'll start off with some easier ones, but if anyone knows better alternatives to these then go for it

acupressure/chinese massage

pro's - easy to do, very effective for pain whether it be muscular, headache, joint pain etc

cons- need to find out how, and depends on site (not many good ones for hips foir example. also if the pain is seriously bad, it wont completely remove it (like a cut or tear)

painkillers

pro's - effective, quick to administer, non specific (if oral for example), safe, easily availible

cons - side effects....NSAID's like ibuprofen etc cause gastric upsets, catabolic to muscle if taken long term, will act systemically, opiates can cause constipation with more addictive properties depending on the potency. gets rid of inflammatory mediators which can be argued are necessary for healing (but its how it removes the pain)

tiger balm

pro's - safe, smells nice, warms the muscle, easily applied, cheaper than deep heat and better

cons - only works on muscles and joints, not a huge pain relief, cant use it near senstive area;s

ice

pro's - easy, numbs area, wuick to apply

cons - only suitable near to injury, again reduces inflammation, which can be needed for healing, can;t be used for prolonged periods

i also know that mixing paprika with tea treee oil and applying the paste to cuts or scratches is a nice antiseptic 'patch' that u can leave on

any other ideas?

1.5 years ago i tore a lig/tendon in my spine. chiro's , pt, orthos, massage, rheumatoligist, codeine, morphine, NSAID's, didn't do anything.

so the past 2 weeks i use a simple heating pad for 25 min, and the pain has gone down by at least 50 %

pro - easy, relaxing (esp. right b4 bed)
con- :confused:

so you;ve had back pain for 1.5 years? have you considered surgery?

danielson said:

painkillers
My personal favorite.... injury not necessary:p

Temperature is probably the most effective quick fix for some things

You can find some really strong analgesics. My Thai instructor use to import some stuff from Nepal made specifically for shin application. It felt like burning kerosene sitting on your shins.

Sit in a hot tub and have a really pretty female massage Icy Hot into the injured area:)

Re: Re: cure's/treatments you;ve found for injuries?

Thaibox said:
My personal favorite.... injury not necessary:p

Temperature is probably the most effective quick fix for some things

You can find some really strong analgesics. My Thai instructor use to import some stuff from Nepal made specifically for shin application. It felt like burning kerosene sitting on your shins.

Sit in a hot tub and have a really pretty female massage Icy Hot into the injured area:)

hmm, my kung fu instructor has some conditioning lotion he gave to me with a similar feeling, it really hardens you up, but i;ve been afraid to use it because he wont tell me whats in it :D

i think i should try and use temperature a lot more, but i have no hot tub or pretty female massage girl on hand

do you recommend anything to injuries to bony prominences? like elbow or knee injuries from sticks etc

i'm gonna get some mad shit for this, but I've found yoga to be the best for muscle related injuries. before i started yoga, i was very stiff and unflexible. I couldn't even touch my toes. I was always having little nagging injuries during matches, ecspecially in the hammys. So my rugby coach, who is an ex-pro from fiji, recommended i start yoga. i did, and i must say the benefits are endless. i'm a ton more flexible, my workouts are better then ever, and i have much more energy.

Heres a good one....

Find a nice sexy girl that knows how to give massages and a lil extra after if you know what i mean. Not only relaxing but that will bring your mind and body i mean your body and her body together if you know what i mean haha :p

tx rugby....i believe you, stretching has helped me a lot, my sifu makes me stretch a lot! yoga's quite good for that

ninja, like i told thai i have no massage woman. i tried getting a friend to, but she got all giggly :)

Yoga is great for loosening up sore muscles, but here's a remedy that I've found to work on spot bruises (like if you get hit with a stick or punched or something). For a while I went to a "dermatologist" who specialized in herbal medicine and she told me to use this on my bruises. (Don't use where skin is broken)

Mix together white vinegar, mint leaves, aloe, and salt in a food process or to make a paste. Divide the paste into two equal amounts. Put one half of the paste in the refrigerator. Heat up the other half so that it's pretty warm, not hot, and apply a thick layer of it on the bruise. Let sit for about 10 minutes, then remove the paste with a wet towel and reapply the warmed paste. Wait 10 minutes again and then use the chilled paste. Alternate between warm and cool until you've used up all the paste, letting it sit on the bruise for about 10 minutes each time you apply it.

This seemed to really help with the healing process for me. I'm not sure if it was the change from warm to cool or whatever, but it worked. The woman who gave me this said that it is supposed to balance out the pH of the skin, reduce swelling, and increase circulation so that it has a better chance to heal.

Let me know if it works for you :)

I guess the method of treatment would depend on the injury. Usually in the case of muscle injury, acute, ice is the greatest treatment. Try 15-20 min. cycles several times a day. After the injury is no longer in the acute stage, heat is wonderful.
Alot of times when athletes here get injured, our trainers use ultra sound to warm the athletes up before the go and train.
A good thing in any case of joint and muscle ackyness are anti inflamatories. They can work wonders. When I had low back pain in season last year, it was because my SI (sacro illiac) joints were inflamed. I took Celebrex (perscibed) and it worked for me.

Top Bottom