Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Credit Cards

• Thread starter Thread starter the_clockwork
  • Start date Start date
T

the_clockwork

Hello everyone, logn time no see

I've never had a credit card in my life, always used savings or cash. I am looking for a credit card that has rewards to it, preferably airline miles as I fly a lot with American Airlines. I got a thing in the mail stating I can get 25,000 free miles if I get this new credit card, which is enough for a free ticket

American Airlines - Citi Gold AAdvantage® World MasterCard is the name

I know I have to purchase $750 in 4 months to get it which isn't a problem

I won't carry any balances but Looking to fly to Mexico this next year and wondering what the best way to score some free/ discounted tickets are with those credit cards.

everytime u get ur paycheck put it in the CC and pay everything with it, that way you start earning miles, when money is gone/low REALLY use it for emergencies or dont use it, if u do this with discipline u wont have debt and will have a lot ot miles, Credit cards can be good when u know how to use them....

it seems too good to be true that they will give me basically 1 free airline ticket (25,000 miles) with no blackouts just for signing up for their card and spending 750 in 4 months.

you have any experience with airline rewards cards?

Nope not with those cards specifically, but hang on I'm sure some poster who knows better will come along soon....
Sometimes the promo is really good because they have faith in you failing, packing ur CC and giving them a whole lot of nice interest.... :s

it does have a $50 annual fee but will waive it for the first year.

if the card is not used but open they sitll charge you the annual fee i assume?

it seems too good to be true that they will give me basically 1 free airline ticket (25,000 miles) with no blackouts just for signing up for their card and spending 750 in 4 months.

you have any experience with airline rewards cards?

My brother uses a few for his biz. He's taken at least 3 free trips to Mexico and 2 to Hawaii on airline miles he's accumulated.

I'm not good with financial advice

Just wanted to say what's up!

I'm not a big fan of airline cards anymore since the airlines have made it more difficult to get free seats.

I opened a Schwab One investor account and got a Schwab credit card last year. 2% cash back. Credit cards are really good if you know how to manage your money. Pay it off in full each month. Not only do you get 2% cash back by charging everything on it, but if you leave your money in savings, you also get 2% return on your money during the grace period of the credit card. I wait until 25 days after the statement date before I pay my credit card. That's an extra 25 days of making 2% return on my money in my Schwab savings account. Of course 2% isn't that much, but coupled with the 2% cash back, you can make 4% on your spending as compared to just paying cash. When the APY goes up for my savings account, the total will come to around 6%.

Top Bottom