Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

converted runners/bc/supplements/dhea

kraka

Hi all:

This is my first post here, so please be gentle!

My gf and I are coming into bodybuilding from running, kickboxing, pilates, and other aerobic stuff. We’re both pretty lean (don’t know the exact bf%, but low) have good diets, and are dedicated to training. Having gotten to where we want to be in terms of general fitness and weight, we’ve decided to start building up. The final complication: my gf who has never been on the pill, is going on it soon at age 35. She’s worried about the weight gain, after years of getting slimmed down and getting into great shape, and wants to build up fairly quickly. Are there any supplements that meet her profile? Her goals are building up rea-sonably fast (she’s already got a lot of lean muscle -- but it’s only pilates size and she wants a bunch more) and keeping the weight off without starving herself (like I said, she’s obsessive about eating healthy). She doesn’t care so much about getting getting cut at this stage and might never, but she wants size without the pill’s weight gain. She wondered if there are any sup-plements that might fit her profile at this stage. She’s fearless, but likes to do the research first.

As a second note, we have been experimenting with dhea to see what all the hype was about, and she likes the energy boost and libido effects she’s getting from it. We’re only at a measly 10 mg at the moment, and she wants to know how much she could safely take. Like I said, fearless, after research. I know this isn’t exactly the kind of supplement you guys tend to write about here, but I can’t think of a better group to ask this kind of question. Since she is considering steroids she’s not afraid of minor sides and would most likely not mind the clitoral enlargement (in fact, I think that she might be hoping for it, lol), but she isn’t too keen on going completely bald or getting organ damage. She was hoping to find out what sides she can expect at what dos-ages, in what order, if any of you have ever tried this stuff out. The articles on the Internet mostly disagree with each other. She realizes it’s not a good choice for bodybuilding, but wondered what the effects might be if she kept up or gradually increased the dhea, assuming that she doesn’t end up on some other sort of steroids.

Thanks a lot, and I hope this wasn’t too off topic.

Kraka

interested

wow, long post.

I'm a 39 year old woman in good shape, natural lifting program, clean diet, 5'5" 123 lbs, slim natural shape, except for some leftover effects from bc and one kid. My program is ok and I don't want to take steroids for mass , but I like what I have read about dhea.

Is it good? Is it safe? I'd like to know too.

I'd also like to know about the clitoris effects. Mine is small and I wouldn't mind a little more down there

wyst

Some people seem to do just fine with the pill, but I was definitely not one of them:

I took the pill for two years. I gained about 15 pounds pretty quickly and couldn't get it off, even though I increased my exercise and closely restricted my diet. (I can't imagine what would've happened if I'd not changed my diet or exercise!) Most of the weight gain was in my abs and butt where I'd never had a problem before. I've been a competitive athlete most of my life, so 15 pounds was a huge weight gain for me.

It made me very moody too, and this wasn't just because I gained weight. Normally I'm a very easy-going person, but I found myself getting emotional over nothing. Worst of all was always getting these fierce hunger pangs within half an hour of eating. My energy level plummeted, but that was probably because I was hardly eating, depression, etc.

When I got off the pill, the first 10 pounds came off quickly and easily. The last five were REALLY stubborn. All the mood problems and hunger pangs magically went away. I was even taking one of those low dose pills (tried several varieties). I think I would have gained less weight eating 2 dozen donuts a day!

I use an IUD now and am very pleased with it. With the IUD, the cramps and bleeding were pretty bad at first, but now not bad at all. From what I've read about the pill, it works by making your body think it's already pregnant. Based on my experience with the weight gain, food cravings, and emotional roller-coaster, it was a pretty good representation!

thanks!

Thanks for the info. This is kind of what she's afraid of. We're just starting to do the research on this one. I guess there must be lots of different effects with lots of different kinds of bc pills, right?

Could you tell us what brand pill you were taking, at what strength and all that kind of thing? We're trying to go into the dr's office armed with a little knowledge so we don't end up just saying "duh, okay" regardless of what he/she prescribes.

Another other ladies out there care to share BC experiences with details of brands and dosages?

Thanks!

Kraka

8 years of Ortho Novum 7/7/7 and I got the fat to prove it!!! I think the progesterone based pill are supposted to be better but I'm not sure - I just sent the DH in for the vasectomy and was done with it.

BC weight, etc

(Forgive my ignorance, but I am at least tryin' to get ed-u-muh-cated)

Thanks, Temple. Is that as in, My body is my Temple?

So is this fat in some way harder to loose? Does it deposit differently than if you had gained it not on BC?

My Gf is really interested in resculpting herself (she's fascinated with pilates training, like I said) and there are certain spots she wouldn't mind a little more buildup, if you know what I'm saying. She's Japanese, like I mentioned, and fairly slim figured, naturally. She wants to build up her muscle mass and wouldn't mind a little more curviness, but doesn't want to pack on pounds around her waste, which is what tends to happen if she gains.

Thoughts?

Kraka

My name...yeah, something like that.
My fat is between my belly button and my knees and it is a hard fat not a squishy fat. It is absolutely the most stubborn substance I have ever encountered in my life. I am going to give the topical yohimbine a try and see if that will do anything to it. It is a very difficult decision as bc pills are the most convenient reliable form of birth control but I really think I would seriously look into an IUD before I did the pill route again. Your MD may not be a great deal of help with this decision as mine insists that the hormones in bc pills do not cause weight gain.

I can't believe some doctors! I'm looking for a new primary care doc right now. I want someone that is willing to listen and not be offended when I do research myself and bring it to the appointment. I only tried bc pills for about 3 weeks but my belly was already getting poochy and felt bloated so I quit right away.

I'm just coming off of Ortho-Tricyclen, and I have to agree with Fitfossil. I didn't notice significant weight gain at first, but I've gained over 10 lbs since I began taking bc. And like Fitfossil, I got even tougher with my workouts and dieting, so I'm pretty sure the weight gain was not from any indiscretions on my part. I too noticed weight gain in the "estrogenic" areas -- abs, thighs, and butt -- where I had never had problems before, not even after having my child. :(

I've only been off of the pill for about 10 days, but I'm already noticing a decrease in appetite and a calmer, less anxious mood.

Good luck with your decision; it's not an easy one!

Top Bottom