Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Chris Simms Update

Do you think Simms will have a successful career in the NFL?

• Yes, I think he will be good @ the next level.

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • No, he doesn't have what it takes.

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • I don't care!

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

sh4dowf4lcon

Chris Simms is studying & learning Coach Grudens playbook. this is a win win for Simms. Practicing with the League's Top Defense and with one of the best QB Coaches there is, seems like a great location for the southpaw. I look for big things out of his NFL career, especially if he remains with Gruden. The link below sheds a little light on his current work @ camp with the Bucks.

http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/pages/releases/2003_04/july/072303_10.html

louden_swain said:
I wasn't impressed with him one bit.

Oklahoma gave Simms and his entire team a good pounding.

I think he is overrated.

He is his father son, first and foremost. That coupled with the fact that he does have the tools and he does want to learn makes him a definite player right away.

Will he have the respect and personal confidence to lead a band of warriors?.................remains to be seen.

louden_swain said:

Oklahoma gave Simms and his entire team a good pounding.

Coach Stoops and the Sooners gave a bunch of teams and QB a pounding the past three years. That OU defense has been tough and has won a National Championship. I think he is going to be a top notch QB @ the pro level. Time will tell, and playing with the Bucs will only make him better.

I don't think he has what it takes.... something is missing.... I would have took major applewhite over him any day... Though it remains to be seen. College does not reliably show who will work out as a pro.

Very true, only time will tell which players have what it takes. Sometimes being put in a position to succeed helps your career. I think for Simms, starting his career with Gruden and the Champion Bucs is a formula for success. No BIG pressure to start and Repeat as Champs, in fact, Gruden has Sean King as number 2 QB...so, Simms is third string at best.

He has tools and a pedigree, I smell successful NFL QB, but time will tell...

louden_swain said:
I totally agree with this!

I agree college is no barometer for success in the NFL. I am convinced this situation in Tampa is a great situation for Simms. Practicing against that defense & learning Gruden's Schemeswill definately not hurt.

He is a bright, fast kid who will flourish in the System.

By fast, I dont mean Michael Vick fast; but he is 6'5", 225 lbs, and runs a 4.7...he is at least quick, and we all know he has a cannon for an arm with PinPoint Accuracy...He will develop into a quality NFL QB - IMO.

I don't know that Gruden is much of a QB developer.... Mostly he seems to buy the peices he needs. Also, he might throw well, and be decently quick, but I think the mental skills would be what he needs for the next level... see Jake Plummer....

Top Bottom