Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

CFO for Freddie Mac commits suicide or did he?

Arabian

Elite Mentor
Platinum
He just took over as CFO in September and was the Controller prior to this. He had been with the company for 16 years. Why would he do this? I think he was killed. Most men shoot themselves and not by hanging. I bet he was getting ready to testify before a congressional hearing about misappropriations in funds and someone killed him.. Discuss

Police Found Freddie Mac CFO Dead by Hanging
Police believe David Kellermann, 41, Killed Himself in HIs Virginia Home
By RUSSELL GOLDMAN, JACK DATE and ANN COMPTON
April 22, 2009
253 comments FONT SIZE
EMAIL
PRINT
RSS
DIGG
SHARE Law enforcement sources said David Kellermann, acting chief financial officer of mortgage company Freddie Mac, was found hanging in the basement of his Vienna, Va., home, dead from an apparent suicide early this morning.

Money may have been a motive in the apparent suicide of David Kellermann.The death was "an active investigation" and there were "no signs of foul play," Fairfax County police officer Sabrina Ruck said.

Local police said they were called to Kellermann's home at 4:48 a.m., but would not say who'd placed the call to 911.

Kellermann, 41, and a 16-year veteran of Freddie Mac, had been the company's CFO since September, after a government takeover of the company following the housing crisis. County records show the large home in Hunter Mill Estates was worth about $900,000.

Click Here for the Latest Business Stories From ABC News

Neighbors said they were shocked to learn of the man's death.

"This is a solid salt of the earth kind of family and guy, and I just cannot imagine what has occurred," neighbor Paul Ungar said. "I mean, I understand the economy, I understand what's gone on with those companies, but I just can't imagine what would have driven him to that."

Police Found Freddie Mac CFO Dead by Hanging - ABC News

Guys like him are rock stars in the obama admin. He wants freddie/fannie to buy up all kinds of mortgages from people today. NOTHING in this admin is blaming wall st or government mortgage monopolies. So nothing was gonna happen.

If he killed himself, probably was personal reasons combined with stress of 'telling people u work for freddie mac'. I'm not gonna cry over greedy execs who f'd up this country who created a boom based upon debt and consumption.

People alwyas love conspiracy theories. Much easier than digging through and finding out the truth which may be really boring.

r

I just think its ironic that the guy just reached the pinnacle of his career and this happens out of the blue.

It was announced today that the government gave him immunity 2 days ago and is paying for his legal defense if he were to be sued by anyone... The plot thickens..

did you read where his HR dept met with him the day before this happened and told him to take some time off?

Hey Smurf.. usually in executive positions the HR departments have no say so.. its up to the Senior VP or above or at least thats the way it is where I am.....

Top Bottom