Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bro Science vs. Published Science - What's your take?

Pretty much anything Diet related is going to be "bro science" because 99% of the studies out there either do not pertain to this population, are not easily applied or are soon debunked by another study with the same qualities. Granted, there are some things that we all know "work" - like cutting carbs will help shed water weight etc. But diets like Intermittent Fasting come along, people get great results; but this goes against the idea of eating 6 smaller meals a day. What about carb-backloading? everyone "knows" that you should eat carbs first thing in the morning, but people see great results pigging out on them post workout at the end of the day.

As far as anabolics go, the good rule of thumb to help out any cycle is "dont be fat" and you'll get less side effects (typically).

The aim of communities like this is to outline a general set of principles, that through combined experiences, have shown the best and most efficient ways to achieve one's goals. These outlines are then continually tweaked by individuals to achieve further successes.

Personally i see over half of the population doing the opposite, Breakfast should be your biggest meal of the day with portion & calories getting smaller as the day progresses.But its the opposite they are eating anything & everything with no reguard to their health.

Personally i see over half of the population doing the opposite, Breakfast should be your biggest meal of the day with portion & calories getting smaller as the day progresses.But its the opposite they are eating anything & everything with no reguard to their health.

I dont agree with your initial premise here about breakfast being biggest meal. The realities are thay as long as you are burnimg more calories than you eat you will lose weight. The best diet is the one you can use and stick to that will help you do that. For some people, eatimg a larger meal at the start of the say and tapering down works. For others it is easier to eat multiple small meals spaced out through day. Others eat little to mothing to start the day and save their calories for night time/end of day. All will work as long as total calories work, so choose whichever one fits you best.

If i eat a large meal to start the day, i dont have the ability/self-control to slow down and cut back for rest of day. I also dont ever feel satisfied eating lots of small meals. So i typically eat one snack in tje middle of the day, have a protein shake or two in afternoon and then wat the rest of my alloted calories later.

Is that an effective way to lose weight? It was for me. In 2011 I lost 80 pounds while adding 10 pounds of lean mass. Will ot work for everyone? No. Many, maybe even most, cant stick to that type of program.

For ghe vast majority of people, it is simply am issue of calories in versus calories out. When people get very lean or start aas, that rule obviously changes a bit. But for most people the timing of the meals only matters to the extent they can stick to the program.

Sent from my Desire HD using EliteFitness

I wasn't expecting anyone to agree because we are all different ,i was just stating an example , you pretty much covered it all in your post!

Top Bottom