Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Boxing fans

jd_uk

How do you rate Ricky Hatton and Joe Calzaghe? (both UK fighters)...

Will Hatton stand a chance against Mayweather assuming the fight happens?

Will Kimbo become next superheavyweight champ?

jd_uk said:

Hatton's hug, hold, and punch style sucks. His knockout of Castillo was a picture perfect body blow that would have crippled many fighters. However, Castillo is way past his prime and looks nothing like the fighter that gave Mayweather all he could handle and gave the FOTY to Corrales 2 years ago. Mayweather is a nightmare matchup for him and he will lose. Mayweather just dominated delahoya, who is bigger, stronger, faster, and more skilled then Hatton.

Calzaghe is a great all around fighter. Great speed, size, power, timing, and angles. His hands are fragile and he's been unwilling to take on the tought opponents outside of wales. If the fight with Kesseler goes off, it will be a great fight. I think Calzaghe wins easily if he doesn't hurt his hands.

Kimbo sucks balls. He wouldn't last one round with any ranked heavyweight.

flash.

hawaiianflash said:
Hatton's hug, hold, and punch style sucks. His knockout of Castillo was a picture perfect body blow that would have crippled many fighters. However, Castillo is way past his prime and looks nothing like the fighter that gave Mayweather all he could handle and gave the FOTY to Corrales 2 years ago. Mayweather is a nightmare matchup for him and he will lose. Mayweather just dominated delahoya, who is bigger, stronger, faster, and more skilled then Hatton.

Calzaghe is a great all around fighter. Great speed, size, power, timing, and angles. His hands are fragile and he's been unwilling to take on the tought opponents outside of wales. If the fight with Kesseler goes off, it will be a great fight. I think Calzaghe wins easily if he doesn't hurt his hands.

Kimbo sucks balls. He wouldn't last one round with any ranked heavyweight.

flash.

I agree about Hatton's style..i prefer to watch good boxers and Hatton is more of a brawler...but he's a damn good one at that. Pound for pound, his punchuing power has to be second to none. He was measured before the fight as packing a 400kg punch and is renowned for crippling body shots. (http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126655) I think he'd probably lose to Mayweather but there's always the danger that he'd be too strong and knock Mayweather out.

As for Calzaghe...i think he'd beat anyone. As far as i know he's tried to fight the best always but other fighters have pulled out...the Amercican media especially never gave him a chance but then he used Jeff Lacy as a human punch bag and as expected taught Manfredo a lesson.

As for Kimbo...i'd run a mile if i even saw the man. Doubt he'd ever be a great boxer though!

I've only seen Calzaghe vs. Lacy. He absolutely batterred Lacy and made Lacy look really bad. Calzaghe seems to have a lot of speed and endurance, excellent boxing skills, but not much power. My jaw almost dropped when he hit Lacy with a 10 punch combination right out of Roy Jonesland.

I've seen Ricky Hatton in several fights. He seems to be a solid puncher with good handspeed, footspeed, and endurance. His body attack looks rock solid. I think Floyd Mayweather would win an easy decision against him.

I think Kimbo is the second coming of Tank Abott. He's more of a personality who fights then a potential contender.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/6235742.stm

Looks like the fight will be taking place then...I think MayWeather will most likely win by decision but as usual the American will underestimate the British fighter and there might be an upset. If Hatton lands a good body shot then it'll be all over. Already Mayweather seems a bit scared to have the fight anywhere other than US where as Hatton will do it anywhere. Mayweather said something weird about not fighting in Hatton in Manchester because he feared Hatton would bring body slams and chairs like in wrestling(!???)

jd_uk said:

I like Hatton a LOT.

I have followed his fights the last 2 years.

I think that he has a very VERY good chance to beat Mayweather.

Hatton is stronger and his pound the body game is SO much better than just about anyone else .

I think if he can get inside, he has a good chance.

If he stays outside(Mayweather keeps him off wiht the jab) - it will be a long night.

The Shadow said:
I like Hatton a LOT.

I have followed his fights the last 2 years.

I think that he has a very VERY good chance to beat Mayweather.

Hatton is stronger and his pound the body game is SO much better than just about anyone else .

I think if he can get inside, he has a good chance.

If he stays outside(Mayweather keeps him off wiht the jab) - it will be a long night.

I don't think Hatton can bully Mayweather. Mayweather has fought much larger fighters than Hatton and it hasn't happened. When Hatton moved up to welterweight he couldn't bully Collazo. Mayweather has fought up to supermiddleweight and still handles his opponents' power and strength.

I'm going with the white guy. The more that the white guy wins, black guys will think, "Hey these white guys can fight afterall." And that means they are less likely to accost me in the street... biteme

Hatton's style bothers people without the skill and speed of Mayweather because you can't keep him off you. Mayweather's defensive skills and his overall speed will help him keep distance on Hatton and that's when Mayweather is just too damn good. I was impressed with Hatton's win over Castillo, but I agree with Steward - Castillo looked old and slow.

There is something about Calzaghe I don't like. Can't put my finger on it - I think its his lack of balance while punching sometimes. He seems to just throw tons and tons of arm punches from all sorts of crazy angles and he doesn't get his legs and body into them. I like his energy though - he will certainly be a handful for anyone he fights.

Kimbo is a poor man's David Tua - and Tua's got more skill.

Top Bottom