Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Basketball, Ball handling drills?

Spiders are great too. Also increases hand quickness.

Bend your knees, almost to a squat position, but not where your thighs are paralell to the ground, lean slightly forward. Bounce the ball just off the ground between your legs, first with your right hand in front of your legs, then left hand in front of your legs, then right hand behind your legs, then left hand behind your legs, repeat. Don't let the ball bounce higher than 2 or 3 inches off the ground, and it should bounce straight up and down.

2 Ball drill
10 sets
Simotaneously dribble both basketballs while running upcourt @ 60% of max speed. Backpeddle back @ 60% max speed to the original starting position.............................................................
Length = up and back on a basketball court.............................
Rest for 20 seconds. When you begin your next set, know that you will be increasing to 2 lengths. Use the same principles and continue until you have completed 10 lengths. Concentrate on form. Keeping the back straight and head up. Use the fingertips to dribble ball and do not allow the palm to become involved in the dribbling motion.
Great drill......A UB favorite :)

Wolverine,
Ball handling has a lot to do with your confidence. You can always tell the ones that don't practice the handles. Yah know the ones that foil as soon as the trap comes at them. lol. It's all a matter of staying calm and level headed. I personally played the shooting guard spot also. What I did to help with my handles was to take the ball with you where ever you go. I would dribble while running a couple miles a day while conditioning. When you practice, don't just work on the shot....do some dribbling also. Dribble up and down the court by yourself or with others and envision possible scenarios. This should slowly build your confidence for real time. I grew up in Indiana and basketball is all we breathe. Always try to play with the best comp. possible that actually play D. It's hard to improve when you play comp. that doesn't push you. I would drive 2 hours just to play against the best. I thought everyone played tough, nose to nose D, every point counts type of ball until I moved to FL about a year ago. Can't find any good comp. here. The problem is all the players now are watching and learning from the AND 1 crap. That sh*t totally brings down the game in my opinion. Anyone up for playing some ball in O-town? I've got a sweet jumper and 38" vert. ~ not bad for a white boy. lol Good luck wolverine! Practice hard and no regrets.

Top Bottom