Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Baseball strike

gymrat

whar are your thoughts regarding this pending strike?

I for one, am looking forward to the NHL season.

I hope they do strike. Its the only way that the poorer MLB teams are ever going to be able to see profits and/or winning seasons, and a chance to compete. Fuck those greedy assholes playing a little kids game anyhow. Fucking guys batting .220 that make 3 mil a year??? Rediculous.

Alright, no flames for that last post please, I was playin'

As for baseball, I love it, but if they strike, I'm definatly thru with it for a long time.

alien amp pharm said:
Alright, no flames for that last post please, I was playin'

As for baseball, I love it, but if they strike, I'm definatly thru with it for a long time.

I dont think you should apologize bro. Hockey is in the same financial boat as MLB quite frankly. The NFL(and to a lesser extent the NBA) really have their acts together as far as running the leagues "books" go, and it makes for a most competitive environment. If you are a Steeler fan like me, you have a lot of winning seasons to look forward to thanks to the League and the players union being on the same page as far as what is best for the league. You still have placekickers, and some Punters that are making 1 mil per year, and they only run what 100 plays the whole season give or take? So it aint like there isn't any money going around in that league. Why MLB players won't agree to that type of financial compromise is beyond me. The only thing that comes to mind is, that they could give a rats ass about the league, the fans, or what teams are able to compete or what teams cannot. It's all about the almighty buck with those fuckers. I hate 'em.

Last edited:
I don't think hockey is in the same boat. the problem with hockey is smaller teams competing in a market (american) where revenue is larger, due to that larger market. Every sport is going to have the problem.

gymrat123 said:
I don't think hockey is in the same boat. the problem with hockey is smaller teams competing in a market (american) where revenue is larger, due to that larger market. Every sport is going to have the problem.

No Collective Bargaining agreement. No Salary Cap. Guys like Darius Kasparitis asking for(and getting) 5 miliion per year. Thats why the smaller markets cant compete brother. When a middle of the road player as far as talent goes, takes up 1/4 of the teams payroll. Some teams can pay it and DO, so the player goes there. The other teams can't afford him, so they lose out. It's the exact same situation.

Zerxes said:

No Collective Bargaining agreement. No Salary Cap. Guys like Darius Kasparitis asking for(and getting) 5 miliion per year. Thats why the smaller markets cant compete brother. When a middle of the road player as far as talent goes, takes up 1/4 of the teams payroll. Some teams can pay it and DO, so the player goes there. The other teams can't afford him, so they lose out. It's the exact same situation.

oh

Top Bottom