Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Baseball strike?

Will you go back to baseball?

• yes

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • no

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • I never went back after the last time.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

big4life

Plat Hero
Platinum
Will you go back if there is another strike or lockout?

I am fed up with both sides. If they go out again, I think that I will be through with MLB.:mad: :alien:

I voted yes.

It'll suck if they strike again and I'll be pissed, but I'll still end up watching it and going to a few games again....... probably.

If they do, they should all be replaced with guys who would play for 30k/year. I don't understand it in the first place, why pay a guy 10 million dollars a year for something he'd do for 30k...bad business sense. With the extra profit, the owners and MLB should make tickets, parking, concessions, caps, jerseys etc., ALL alot more affordable for the average fan. I don't blame the athletes for taking something that someone is willing to give them, but the average fan is the one taking the hit, and paying
the salaries. All of these players would play for a very minimum
salary, what else are they going to do, go sell cars, or manage a
fast food restaurant. I don't think so. They can play a game until
they are 40, then get a real job.

I was watching TV news today and they said that since after the 1994 strike, attendence never returned to its normal level.

Can't imagine it'd be good for their image in front of public if they decide to strike again. As for me, if they do, fuck 'em. Sorry but I've had enough of it and they take everything for granted.

The owners cry poverty, yet they keep giving these huge contracts.

The players think that the money will always be there and that it will keep growing.

They are both ruining a great game with greed and stupidity.:mad:

I quit a LONG time ago, even before the '94 strike.

Sadly if there is a strike, the stupid public will keep going back and support ever-increasing salaries just like they've done before. Look at the NBA strike a few years ago, all forgotten............ The football strike in '87 with scab ball, no problem.........

What baseball needs is major consolidation- get rid of at least 4 teams-it's a watered down game, especially pitching...inc. the size of the parks and RAISE the pitching mound--do the opposite of what they did after the '68 season and get down the offense and bring back some strategy back into the game.
As far as the financial stuff, both sides are greedy, so I really could care less who gets what because it's the fans that get screwed in the end......

why would you want a guy that plays a sport for about 4 hours and if he messes up he still gets paid the same wage but i you get an adverage guy that works his ass off and messes up he gets a gut in his pay.
i think that the baseball players are just spoiled

Top Bottom