Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Arnold's Potential

he actually did go to the funerral. but the producers of pumping iron suggested to him if he changed his story a bit it would create a mythical mystique about him, such as you are talking about right now. true he was the man, and always will be

strong island said:
I think a big thing that is overlooked is how young Arnold was when he first retired. When he won his first Olympia he had just turned 23. And by 1975 he looked AMAZING. But he retired at the age of 28(for 5 years). Arnold basically blew everyone away and he wanted to act.

28 is young for a top pro bodybuilder...because it takes time to reach ones maximum potential.

As an example...Ronnie Coleman who gets better every year is 37. When he was 28(age Arnold originally retired) he place FIFTEENTH in the Olympia.

Imagine Arnold kept competing...no one came close to his physique until Haney in 1983.

1976: Columbu
1977: Zane
1978: Zane
1979: Zane
1980: Arnold
1981: Columbu
1982: Dickerson

Don't get me wrong I think Columbu looked sick but he was only up to Arnolds waist :)

When Arnold came back in 1980 it was close in a lot of peoples eyes. He didn't look better than 1975..he probably looked a little worse. Thats what a few years "off" will do to you. A lot of us look at Arnolds physique as the standard..but I think he could have even looked better if he competed a few more years. But I guess he was bored and it was time to move on.

add to that GH, we're literally talking superman

He would have made it now also.....

"Imagine Arnold kept competing...no one came close to his physique until Haney in 1983. "

Lee Haney trained and competed in the seventies and could only reach Arnold's ankels.

Let's face it: he would beat Ronnie today or die.

Jeff

strong island said:
I think a big thing that is overlooked is how young Arnold was when he first retired. When he won his first Olympia he had just turned 23. And by 1975 he looked AMAZING. But he retired at the age of 28(for 5 years). Arnold basically blew everyone away and he wanted to act.

28 is young for a top pro bodybuilder...because it takes time to reach ones maximum potential.

As an example...Ronnie Coleman who gets better every year is 37. When he was 28(age Arnold originally retired) he place FIFTEENTH in the Olympia.

Imagine Arnold kept competing...no one came close to his physique until Haney in 1983.

1976: Columbu
1977: Zane
1978: Zane
1979: Zane
1980: Arnold
1981: Columbu
1982: Dickerson

Don't get me wrong I think Columbu looked sick but he was only up to Arnolds waist :)

When Arnold came back in 1980 it was close in a lot of peoples eyes. He didn't look better than 1975..he probably looked a little worse. Thats what a few years "off" will do to you. A lot of us look at Arnolds physique as the standard..but I think he could have even looked better if he competed a few more years. But I guess he was bored and it was time to move on.

Let's see? Compete in pro BB for another ten/twelve years and do God knows what to your body with all the dieting, training, and aas or become a famous movie star and a gazillionaire?

I think he made the right choice! Best of both worlds!

God bless Arnold!

Maxx >>>>>

Top Bottom