Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Arnold's Potential

strong island

I think a big thing that is overlooked is how young Arnold was when he first retired. When he won his first Olympia he had just turned 23. And by 1975 he looked AMAZING. But he retired at the age of 28(for 5 years). Arnold basically blew everyone away and he wanted to act.

28 is young for a top pro bodybuilder...because it takes time to reach ones maximum potential.

As an example...Ronnie Coleman who gets better every year is 37. When he was 28(age Arnold originally retired) he place FIFTEENTH in the Olympia.

Imagine Arnold kept competing...no one came close to his physique until Haney in 1983.

1976: Columbu
1977: Zane
1978: Zane
1979: Zane
1980: Arnold
1981: Columbu
1982: Dickerson

Don't get me wrong I think Columbu looked sick but he was only up to Arnolds waist :)

When Arnold came back in 1980 it was close in a lot of peoples eyes. He didn't look better than 1975..he probably looked a little worse. Thats what a few years "off" will do to you. A lot of us look at Arnolds physique as the standard..but I think he could have even looked better if he competed a few more years. But I guess he was bored and it was time to move on.

Last edited:
Yes I agree I think Arnold could have beaten columbo,Zane and dickerson easilly.But once you win the same show and see no potentail competition in the near future it loses it's excitement to
comptete,but Lee Haney is a different story but I guess we'll never really know.

Arnold was a great bodybuilder. BUT that had more to do with his intense desire and drive to succeed that anything else. He is an amazing man. He sets his mind on something and he does it! Nothing negative seems to have an impact on him. The point is, once he saw that he had conquered that world, and it was no longer a challenege, the desire just wasn't there. So, he set sites on other worlds: business, property buying/selling, acting and politics.

You should read some of his bio's. His story is an amazing one, and a really good read.

like strong island said, lets clone arnold!! I say make thousands of him and turn them into killing machines for the marines!! Afganistans, what afganistans?????

Whiskey

I read his bio about 12 years ago when I was in 9th grade. I even did a few book reports about him.

Pretty strict upbringing...and he had a brother. Never seen a pic of him. But Supposedly Arnold was so hardcore he wouldn't even go the the funeral when his brother died because he was getting ready for contest.

Arnold is the man...too bad he can't run for prez :D

I bet he is governor of California within 10 years. He should have ran this year.

arnold is def the man no one could touch him. i heard that he stated using AS when he was 14 for soccer. yes soccer thats kind of odd. but his father put him on AS 4 it.

It was his father's funeral that he skipped to get ready for a contest. In Pumping Iron he talks about having to talk to his mom and telling her he couldn't go.

JC

Top Bottom