Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

Arnold's offseason: only 10 sets/bodypart

Anakin

New member
Reading an article in the November issue of IronMan, I was surpised to find out that Arnold didn't use crazy volume all the time. It is a reprint of an article published in 74 or 75. Anyways, he only used a large number of excercises and 20-25 sets per bodypart when he was cutting (8 weeks prior to a contest).

What do you think? Good amount of volume but too frequent? I'm a little tempted to try it when I'm ON.

Here is an example of Back and Chest day. His split was basically doing every bodypart two times a week with one day off per week.

Mon & Thurs
(Every set to failure except for the first set of each excercise, which is done at 70%).
Bench Press 5x10-12
superset with
Wide Chins 5 sets
Flyes 5x10-12
superset with
Cable rows 5x10-12

Tues & Fridays were Shoulders and Arms, and Wednesdays and Saturdays were just legs.
 
Top Bottom