Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

ARMY VET and fans.

AztecWarrior

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP)—Former middleweight champion Jermain Taylor has withdrawn from the Super Six World Boxing Classic after a brutal knockout loss to Arthur Abraham in October.

Taylor announced his decision Tuesday after consulting with his family, trainers and manager Al Haymon. Taylor added that he plans to return to boxing at some point.

The loss to Abraham was the second straight late-round knockout loss. Taylor, who is 28-4-1, was also knocked out by Carl Froch last April.

He was scheduled to face WBA 168-pound champion Andre Ward on April 17 in the second leg of Showtime’s modified round-robin tournament. Network executive Ken Hershman has said contestants will be replaced if one of the six drops out. It was not immediately clear who is first in line.

Who do you what to see step in? Personally, Sakio Bika would be a great addition to replace and he'll produce some sick slugfest. AA & Bika would be a banger.

Bika is my #1 choice.

Its sad to see Taylor go out like this. Rumor is he has brain damage. I hope he saved what little he made on his previous big fights.

I can't wait to see Froch get messed up. He is by far the most overrated fighter in this. I think Abraham has a good chance of taking this.

I just read Kessler changed trainers.

Montoya to coach Kessler | Boxing News

This might not be a good thing but Montoya has been in his corner before. Changing trainers this close to the fight is usually not a good thing.

The fight I want to see is Ward v. Abraham. Two totally different styles. I was impressed with Abrahams speed in the last fight but I think Ward is faster. If Abraham can connect Ward is done. If Ward jabs and movies it will be a different story.

I just read Kessler changed trainers.

Montoya to coach Kessler | Boxing News

This might not be a good thing but Montoya has been in his corner before. Changing trainers this close to the fight is usually not a good thing.

The fight I want to see is Ward v. Abraham. Two totally different styles. I was impressed with Abrahams speed in the last fight but I think Ward is faster. If Abraham can connect Ward is done. If Ward jabs and movies it will be a different story.

I will be going to the Ward & AA fight. I live like 2 hours from there. Word is taylor did have brain bleeding when he was admitted into the german hospital the night he was put out and when he returned to the states a doctor found it had healed. He's not retiring and is just taking time off. Smart move of getting out of this cause he would of been ko'd atleast one more time before it was over.

taylor was washed up .. regardless

Don't fully agree there. He still can and does compete with the best, he just has badluck. He's just been ko'd to many times in a row to continue. He's lost to top guys that can pop. Taylor was scouted highly before Palvik caught him and was winning the fight. Poor dude.

Top Bottom