Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Are You Really Killing it?

Nelson Montana

Chairman of Board
Chairman Member
A lot of guys talk a big game, but I gotta tell ya, I have not trained like I'm training right now for a VERY long time -- where each workout pushes me to the maximum. WHere one more rep beyond failure is a must. Where one more set is a "why not" because I don't want to be on stage and wish I did one more. My body is being pushed far beyond where it was meant to be.

But here's the rub -- I was having a conversation with someone the other day about my upcoming show and it summed up my philosophy pretty well.

He said to me "
Why don't you do some GH?"

My answer..."Well, sure it'll give me more size but GH eats carbs and gives me low blood sugar. Besides, cancer runs in my family. No thanks."

Why don't you do some drol? it'll add 10 pounds in 2 weeks.

"My answer" Yeah, but it'll be water and that'll increase my BP and bloat me. I know I'm not going to crush anyone with my mass so I want to look as defining and aesthetic as possible.

I like Primo, I said."

His answer, Nah, nobody wants that. Too subtle. How about Deca? I said, Nope -- I like my dick thank you very much.

He said; If you wanna be lean I got clen. I said, "No, I can't use stims."

That's when he said; TREN bro, TREN is the shit! It makes you crazy but you look great! lol

I said, I'm already fucking crazy. lol Actually, I'm a health guy. Never used a vet roid. I can't justify compromising health and my psychological outlook for something that will make me look better for my 50 seconds on stage.

He just shugged it all off -- I guess it was all alien to him. The dude was freakin huge.

But it got me thinking -- I may get destroyed by guys who are lifetime big time users. But it's okay. Before I go to the gym, I put this on for inspiration. 195 pounds of perfection. No huge thighs. No striated glutes. No hulking traps. No clen, no GH, no peptides. From what I understand, Frank liked Winny and Primo and Armour Thyroid. That was it. It can't compare to the guys today. It's just as perfect as a body can be. And that's what I want. I'm no Frank Zane -- not a by a long shot. But that's what I'm shooting for. Win lose or draw.

Mr Olympia 1983 - Frank Zane - YouTube

Last edited:
Beatifully put. Maintain focus on YOUR goal of being the ultimate you, you can be. Bodybuilding as a healthy lifestyle just gets better.

Nelson,
Thanks for the good write-up. I agree with you completely on the premise of the write-up. At the end of the day you are doing this for yourself and no one else so do it the way YOU want. best of luck with all the training, prep & contest. Keep at it!

Zane is awesome, since I can remember his build is what I want to look like. My kid didn't know who he was and thought I was crazy until I showed him some pics of Zane. Dads not so crazy after all, lol. Good luck Bro, eat it up!

Interesting view point, thanks from us old guys Nelson.

The hardest person to be honest with is yourself.....a while back I was stuck and just realized" hey you are not killing it". Sucks to admit it, but you have to in order to keep moving forward.

Nice write up!

Top Bottom