Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

Anyone good at shoulder rehab?

I fixed the link that you had, for some reason it didn't work.

I don't know that I am good at shoulder rehab, but I have been through two surgeries on my left shoulder. The one thing that my physical therapist had me doing was high rep work 4x15 on lateral raises, front raises, and corner raises. The weights that I had to use were very light but they seemed to work. I also had to do a lot of stretches, like wall walks, doorway stretches, and use bands to work on internal and external rotation. Also, make sure thatt you ice it down for at least 20 minutes after your workout.

Good luck, I know what it's like.
 
Thanks Big, I did most of that already and moved on to the elitefts.com shoulder rehab program.

How long did it take for you to get back to normal?
 
i wouldnt do flyes, but thats a personal thing for me.

"L" rotations would be my staple movements. externally with bands or dbells and internally with bands or lying on a bench with dbells.
kelso shrugs on a flat bench or any type of scapular retraction. light reverse shrugs, bar overhead shrugging upward. scapular pulldowns too.
 
It took about four months of rehab, and then I was able to go back to doing most of my routine at a very reduced weight. I've been out of rehab almost six months now and I am just now moving past where I was before my shoulder injury lifting wise. It's not something that I want to do a third time, so now I am very careful with my shoulder and the situations that I put myself in.
 
Hows training been after the injury brother? Still benching? Ive been having some recent pain in both rotators also, and am hoping the rest might help my recovery for tommorrow when I bench again.
 
Top Bottom