Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anyone ever hear of a training cert. specializing in, or just in strength training?

40butpumpin

I'm getting certified to coach HS football in a few months here in NY state. I'd like to also become certified for training specifically for strength or training specific to football atheletes. Has anyone ever heard of anything like this or have a suggestion for me?

40butpumpin said:
Thanks fhg, good to see you man. :)

Thanks man-
I have been spending a lot of time at CuttingEdgeMuscle.com. Monkeyballs and Nandi pointed me in that direction. They are a little light on membership, but they have lots of quality posts and some very informed posters. Check it out.

FHG

fhg43 said:

Thanks man-
I have been spending a lot of time at CuttingEdgeMuscle.com. Monkeyballs and Nandi pointed me in that direction. They are a little light on membership, but they have lots of quality posts and some very informed posters. Check it out.

FHG

Sounds good bro, I'll check 'er out. :)

Kid Dynamite said:
Gotta have a degree in the health/fitness field to get an NSCA certification.

Not exactly, bro. From the NSCA Certification Commision, "To qualify for the CSCA examination, you must hold at least a BA or BS from an accredited institution, be currently enrolled as a college senior or hold a degree in chiropractic medicine."

Any BA or BS will do, I also spoke to them personally by phone.

I personally have a BS and MS in Engineering Mechanics. Big deal. lol

There are several certifications you can get though most are pretty broad. ISSA offers sports strength training and conditioning. NSCA is the same thing but much more detailed and very difficult. Probably the best overall. You can also get USA track and field certification which excellent seeing as your kids will have to do offseason sprints, plyos, and agility drills. The track and field cert. is a must.

Top Bottom