Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Any pro/semi pro tennis players/trainers out there?

jesterds

Aside from having a healthy diet, weight training/conditioning, and court time, what does a good high school player have to do to really improve to be a competative college player?
Most pros have private coaches who travel with them constantly, but for someone upcomming who doesnt have this, and is looking to do it themself what is needed?

I played D1 college tennis. Not a great player, but solid nonetheless. There is not much you can do, in a general sense, besides eat right, work on conditioning, and hit the court. Play with as many different people as possible. I used to hit with a local pro 1-on-1 every week. One thing I never really did was attack my weaknesses and make them stronger. I had a pretty poor backhand and any opponent could pick that up within a few games and would attack it. Luckily I was very quick and had a great forehand (and a pretty good slice backhand) so I could get out of trouble a lot. So I would suggest a) identifying and refining your weaknesses and b) work on parts of your game that you may not really have- i.e. serve and volley, kick out second serve, slice backhand.

i tried to walk on at a pac ten school, i beat a recruit but didn't make the team, they told me to play in more tourneys didn't have the time. i would start lifting a lot do get as strong as you can. do a lot of forearms bro. it will help a lot on kick serves and topspin. as mentioned above improve your weaknesses as much as you can i had the same problem my backhand is a liability. i think footwork is also essential. even if you don't have a coach to travel with you work with someone as much as you can that really stresses footwork.

Top Bottom