Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

angel casero winner of vuelta in trouble?

triguy

he was recently implicated in some illicit dealings with kelme team dr. fuentes. illicit dealings? mmmmmm in cycling nahhhhh LOL

also in cycling world it said j. vaughters has a medically excused hematocrit level of 52!!!!!!! an i luv how the mag doesnt give the excuse!

I knew Vaughters had a high crit level. I think Christian VandeVelde has a naturally high level too. I was sick and got some blood work done and my doc said my level was 45% Thats pretty good for no EPO and being sick!

I think the issue with Casero isn't that the Kelme doc was injecting him-it was the fact the doc was looking after the leader of the Vuelta and Kelme rider, Oscar Sevilla, yet still continued to work w/Casero. The doc called Casero the morning of the final TT and the day Casero locked up the overall GC and wished Casero luck!!

A little conflict of interest!

FHG

.......did not know he was working with sevilla & casero at same time.

what you think of hypoxic tents? i got one and im at 4,000 feet once i get to 9,000 im gonna get my hematocrit tested. Doing inj b-12 & iron supps.

Those hypoxic tents work. Yol'll be shreddin once you get up to 9000 ft!!! It sounds like you are using just the right supps for it too. Pros say they need to take iron supps to help their body produce more RBCs. They'll take iron and B to help the EPO make more RBCs and blood thinners to make sure their blood isn't too thick. I'd love to try a tent. I may try one out next season before my national championship race.

FHG

hey whats up guys, you all seem like pretty hard core bike racers. Im glad I found a forum with some fellow racers, what kind of tent are you using and how much did that set you back? im semi-considering one of those but the price seems a bit steep. You all roadies or mtbers? holla back at me, lata guys
rider

triathlete & time trialist, some time roadie. Tent was 6,ooo and go it from hypoxico.com still awaiting blood tests an see if my hematocrit &/or hemogloboin went up

right on with the tent. Definitley let us know how it works out for you, Id really like to get one as I usually do terrible at all altitude events and I think a tent would help out a ton. Anyone have any altitude tips? besides living there... I've tried just about everything. You guys know of any drugs that you think might help me? I race world cups so I cant take anything that will render me positive in a dope test. I was thinking of iron injects and maybe even some B vit. injects. Im living at the training center in chula vista for the winter so mexico is less than 10miles away and I know you can get just about anything down there. Let me know what you guys think, thanks for the help/
rider

rider-
periodic training at altitude will help. if you go up to 4000-5000ft this will help you acclimate to the altitude. Guys who live at altitude have a slight advantage...at altitude. You will be at a disadvantage but a few long hard training sessions at altitude will teach your body to adapt to the altitude on short notice. Living at altitude would really help, but you lose a bit of your top end by traininng in the thin air. I had a friend who was doing NORBA nationals at altitude and he went up over 4000 to train a few times and he said the races weren't a big stress when he did them. Boosting iron will help. Usea liquid supp and don't use it everyday. I only use iron after really long hard rides to help with RBC production. Too much iron has the same affect as not enough. When you reach a high level of fitness you'll deal with the altitude better. Some guys always have trouble with it some guys don't feel the effects as badly. If you're living at the OTC your fitness is obviously great. There is a RR in Feb east of SD at altitude. That would be a good test.

How's living at the OTC? There are some good rides out there.

FHG

fhg- Thanks for the reply, I think I'll start in on a liquid iron sup. pretty soon here, you use any B-vits. ?? I was thinking about maybe using them after hard rides also. I'll try to take a few training trips to some high altitude this winter, but I think for me to ever really do well at altitude im gonna have to live there, I spent 3 weeks at the OTC in Colorado Springs getting ready for MTB worlds and then spent another week in Vail before the race and still had the worst race of my life, maybe it was a long season and I was tired but it was still very upsetting. Im sure I'll try to do that road race in Feb. whats the name of it? Im definitley planning on doing alot more road this coming season, Im looking forward to March where there is a NRC road event every weekend in Cali. will you be doing any of those? well thanks for all the help. lata
rider

I think inj b-12 is good & try an find a vet one that has mag, potassium aspartate in it.

Also try inj ATP. I dont have any experinece with it, still looking for a dr that will help me with it.

Top Bottom