Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anabolic Steroids & Suicide - A Review if the Evidence

George Spellwin

The Architect
Staff member
Administrator
Elite Moderator
Anabolic Steroids & Suicide - A Review of the Evidence

<p>This week, my friends over at <a href="http://www.elitefitness.com/go/meso/main" target="_blank">Meso-Rx</a> sent me two awesome articles about anabolic steroids. The first is <a href="http://www.elitefitness.com/go/meso/suicide" target="_blank">AAS and Suicide: A Brief Review of the Evidence</a>. Here's an excerpt and link to the article. </p> <p><a href="http://www.elitefitness.com/go/meso/suicide" target="_blank">AAS and Suicide: A Brief Review of the Evidence</a><br> by Jack Darkes, PhD<br> Assistant Professor, Department of Psychology;<br> Director of Interventions, Alcohol and Substance Use Research Institute<br> University of South Florida</p> <p>Discussions of the potential role of anabolic-androgenic steroids (AAS) in suicide surfaced recently when AAS and their use among professional athletes were blamed for several suicides of young adult males. These allegations inspired a congressional investigation and renewed anti-steroid rhetoric, but little dispassionate evaluation. The testimony of experts and grieving parents notwithstanding, the role of AAS in suicide is not clear. </p> <p><a href="http://www.elitefitness.com/go/meso/suicide" target="_blank">Read the entire article...</a>

Last edited:
Here's what I think....

I dont believe you can outright blame AAS for suicides, roid rage, etc. IMO, if you take someone who's suicidal and fuck with their hormones, they can become more suicidal. If you take someone who's a quick tempered asshole, and fuck with their hormones, they could become even more of a quick tempered asshole. Was AAS the cause?? I dont think so. Could it possibly assentuate a condition that was already there from the jump?? Most definitely.

AS doesn't create symptoms, it intensifies existing ones. From years of use, that's first hand - same with clients. Most people with roid rages/suicide/etc.. had these problems before and AS just increases the problem.

Also, consider the fact that most of the "users" that get on the news are morons, usually NO PCT and that's where the depression and problems kick in.

Mr.X

Mr.X said:
AS doesn't create symptoms, it intensifies existing ones. From years of use, that's first hand - same with clients. Most people with roid rages/suicide/etc.. had these problems before and AS just increases the problem.

Also, consider the fact that most of the "users" that get on the news are morons, usually NO PCT and that's where the depression and problems kick in.

Mr.X

Very true !!!

It's amazing that someone would blame suicide on AAS..........Listen people.....If someone kills themselves they obviously have bigger problems than AAS.

good articles

But i don't see the point in trying to counter the allegations of aas when the ones who pull the theories out of their asses and say that steroids makes you kill yourself, go from a calm person to a raging prick hasn't given a single piece of evidence that backs up their bullshit, despite all the resources that has been put into the subject no one has ever come up with a relation between aas and suicide/negative moodchanges. Matter of a fact testosterone has been proven to be the opposite of what they claim...

i think they should come up with a scientifical study that relates the 2 moments before they start speaking all the crap. How comes that alcohol and drugs has been proven to make people addicted, give mood changes and increases suiciderates, but people don't know it. And how comes that steroids hasn't been proven to have a connection to it, still the first thing an uneducated soul thinks about steroids when they hear the word is suicide, agression etc...

Top Bottom