Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

AIG to pay $165 million in bonuses

I just read a legal article that stated these bonuses were paid out under contractual obligations. They HAD to pay them, otherwise they would get sued. Funny how the press doesn't paint the full picture.

I just read a legal article that stated these bonuses were paid out under contractual obligations. They HAD to pay them, otherwise they would get sued. Funny how the press doesn't paint the full picture.
CNN does...

Obama spared AIG's new CEO, Edward Liddy, from criticism, saying he got the job "after the contracts that led to these bonuses were agreed to last year."
Big bonuses isn't about AIG; it's about Wall street in general paying bonuses based on volume as opposed to profitability. If AIG didn't pay them the best people would just go somewhere that did.

Bonuses should come from profit sharing; no profits - no bonuses.

For AIG: "The government cannot just abrogate contracts. Every legal step possible to limit those bonuses".
For the Auto Workers UNION: "Concessions with the union are a condition of the $17.4 billion in government loans that the automakers have received so far"

don't ya'll worry...Barrack's gona fix all of this. "hope and change" my azzz....

CNN does...

Big bonuses isn't about AIG; it's about Wall street in general paying bonuses based on volume as opposed to profitability. If AIG didn't pay them the best people would just go somewhere that did.

Bonuses should come from profit sharing; no profits - no bonuses.

Under bankruptcy contracts are useless (bonuses are always connected to performance so that's pure b.s.). That's a copout.

I worked with a company that went bankrupt and got an investment company to lend them a few millions. BONUSES/INCENTIVES/SALARIES WERE FROZEN. Any financials had to be approved by them first.

But I guess when the person paying you is Uncle Sam, you can do whatever the fuck you want with those billions coming in. Party baby party!!

r

If the bonuses were calculated and paid on performance objectives having been met as described in a binding written contract, then how can the government break those contracts?

I don't know what many people on here do, but in finance your bonus is going to be based on positive production. That's it. No company is in the business of giving bonuses to those who lose money, believe it or not.

And if you think it's the least bit acceptable for the government to step in and alter said contracts in any way, shape, or form then I just don't know what to say to you.

Under bankruptcy contracts are useless (bonuses are always connected to performance so that's pure b.s.). That's a copout.

I worked with a company that went bankrupt and got an investment company to lend them a few millions. BONUSES/INCENTIVES/SALARIES WERE FROZEN. Any financials had to be approved by them first....
AIG filed for bankruptsy?

Also, these bonuses were disclosed in November of 2008 being partially payable in April of 2009. The government knew about this already.

If they somehow didn't, it's just further proof that government sucks at running a business. It's called due dilligence. Next time look into these things before u give them money if they're that important to you.

If the bonuses were calculated and paid on performance objectives having been met as described in a binding written contract, then how can the government break those contracts?
Without the Feds stepping AIG will be on the way to bankruptcy paying bonuses like that. If an outside entity, be it private or government, invests in your business I'm pretty sure they expect to have some say in how you operate.

I don't know what many people on here do, but in finance your bonus is going to be based on positive production. That's it. No company is in the business of giving bonuses to those who lose money, believe it or not.
A broker can churn accounts and be profitable to the company...in the short term at least.

Top Bottom