Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

A Question for a Martial Artist???????

I think it depends. People who are muscular tend to rely on their muscles when striking and grappling when all it really comes down to is technique and reaction. When I first started messing around with mma that was me. I was bigger and stronger than all the guys I worked with but even if they were smaller than me they knew how to use their weight to their advantage much better than I did and I would get worked. Its all about body awareness and once you use your body effectively you will improve greatly.

I don't think it matters at all. The whole idea of martial arts is that it doesn't perticually matter whether your male/female, child/adult or strong/weak if you can do a technique effectivaly then size doesn't matter. Even rolling with someone who is stronger than you and has had the same experience as you strength doesn't really matter it's just knowing how to use your body to use your advantage and knowing what your doing.

i think some of you guy's are missing the point. if you roll with someone that is the same level as you technique and knowledge wise, but there is a 20 pound or greater weight difference (hence a strength difference) the bigger guy is most likely going to win every time barring a serious mental lapse. Mario Sperry vs. Royler Gracie, end of story.

not necesserily
a guy came to our gym (a bodybuilder)
at the time i weighed aroudn 135lbs and he was in excess of 190 and yet i could kick harder than him. Why? because of technique
sure though muscles when utilised properly and along with correct technique will help but having msucles alone will not make u a better martial artist

what type of martial arts are we talking about?

Again I have to disagree I have grappled with people who have the same experience as me and are quite a bit more muscular and stronger than me and I have still beaten them and they didn't have a mental lapse.

Also a lot of people seem to be using fights between professionals as their argument but it is better to use your own experience from your own fights.

mario sperry vs. royler gracie was a jiu-jitsu match bro, not a pro nhb fight. what is your rank rasras? that could explain a lot about your matches.

LeeJunFan said:
having more power makes you better at martial arts, to have power you would normally have muscle, so yes.
:D
not necessarily
you can be muscular and bulky
or dense like bruce lee was
martial arts rarely depends on bulk or strength
most rely on techniques and balance

Babyfaced Assassin said:
not necesserily
a guy came to our gym (a bodybuilder)
at the time i weighed aroudn 135lbs and he was in excess of 190 and yet i could kick harder than him. Why? because of technique
sure though muscles when utilised properly and along with correct technique will help but having msucles alone will not make u a better martial artist

what type of martial arts are we talking about?
i am a devotee of wing chun
i have also a working knowledge of the 7 major forms of kungfu esp tiger and eagle claw but i much prefer wing chun esp for it's lack of need for strength
it was developed by a shaolin nun and relys totally on speed, technique and awareness
yes if two people of equal ability were to spare off likely the stronger would win but i will still place my bet on a man/woman that is more mentally fit and has the bigger heart
i have been knocked down and thrown by much bigger guys but i always get up and have been known to keep doing so til the other guy is winded enough for me to beat him down

Top Bottom