Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

A breakthough for me

FitFossil

As a former anorexic, this surprised me. This is a real breakthrough for me, and I'm so excited! After spending the past year or so looking mostly at fitness and bodybuilding physiques and building my own, I was recently looking at the Victoria's Secret swimsuit issue.

There was absolutely no model in there whose physique I admired! (This is so unbelievable that my "mind's eye" has actually changed!) It almost seemed comical, because they all had these come hither-I'm so hot expressions. Yet to me, they all looked weak and smooth. Nobody had even a hint of shoulders, abs or really any definition ANYwhere - yuk. The only developed part of their bodies were the store-bought boobs!

It was such a strange feeling for me to see these skinny models with a completely new perspective. I don't want to sound superior or anything, but it just feels really weird to no longer be under the spell of wanting to look like that. It's still sad that 98% of the population would actually view these women as "fit" though.

LOL - I recently had the same reaction to the cover of a Shape magazine...what shape???
I think maybe just maybe we are in recovery. I am at that point where I am gaining muscle but not losing fat so I feel huge but surprisingly I am not freaking out about it, just dug out some loose tshirts and sweats.

Yes it amazes me what I used to find attractive and what I used to look like!! YUK...it is sad, yet it feels good to finally realize that is not healthy or attractive, and to be fit and have some nice muscle is where it is at :)

FF-you're right about not admiring the VS catalog models. I definetly don't want to look like that either. But now I face the same issue of dieting and busting my butt trying to look like the awesome fitness competitors!

djfitt - Before I got into weights, I tried looking at regular models for inspiration, but somehow my mind never bought into it. They never motivated me the way the fitness competitors do.

Maybe there is some kind of survival instinct in my mind that likes the fitness competitors because they represent strength (and food!), but doesn't like the other models because they represent weakness and hunger. The fitness competitor ideal may be even more unattainable than the waif model, but it seems to be a more noble (or something) quest.

Sometimes when I'm mapping out my workout or diet plans, I'll stop and think "Gee, life sure was a lot simpler before I started training, when all I had to do was eat as little as possible..." but then I think how much I actually ENJOY this whole process of training and eating well. For the first time in 37 years, I am happy in my skin. Sure, there are still things I want to improve, but now I know I'm in control and on my way. Before, I just always felt weak, tired and never happy with how I looked.

This might sound odd, but I never believe what I see--model-wise--unless I see the person in real life. Thanks to the miracles of Adobe Photo-shop, retouching,cropping etc.--who know what these women really look like. Cellulite, muscles, flab, hair, scars--everything is erased!

Even film and video have 1,000s of tricks. I'm inspired by people I've actually seen, but otherwise, I dismiss the picures as fake.

Keiko - I never thought of that before....I have Photoshop, think maybe I'll post some pics, lets see....bigger boobs, smaller butt.....enhance definition...... I could look pretty good online!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom