Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

9/10 Michigan @ Notre Dame

• Thread starter Thread starter Spartacus
  • Start date Start date
S

Spartacus

Notre Dame relied on a stingy defense to upset Michigan last season in South Bend.
This time around, the newly-ranked Irish are hoping a new offensive scheme leads to another win over the No. 3 Wolverines when the teams renew their storied rivalry in Ann Arbor on Saturday.

Last Sept. 11, Notre Dame topped then-No. 8 Michigan 28-20 for its first victory over a Top 10 opponent since beating the fifth-ranked Wolverines 25-23 in 2002. Before last season's win, the Irish had been 0-4 against Top 10 teams, losing by a combined 164-27 -- including a 38-0 loss to Michigan in 2003.

Notre Dame was able to get by Michigan last year because it depended primarily on defense to win games under coach Tyrone Willingham.

I hate that I am doing this shit, but I have to. It is the only way.

That ND/Michigan line is a tough call. ND wasted Pitt rather easily last week, but Michigan is no Pitt. Michigan is normally loathe to run up points, tho. I'm going to have to go with Michigan. If that spread were 7.5, I'd probably run the other way.

redguru said:
That ND/Michigan line is a tough call. ND wasted Pitt rather easily last week, but Michigan is no Pitt. Michigan is normally loathe to run up points, tho. I'm going to have to go with Michigan. If that spread were 7.5, I'd probably run the other way.

I have been sickened by Michigan's D... There is NO WAY in hell that Northern IL should have gotten that many yards on them... Word is they are sitting down one of the inside LBs (McClintock-It is about time, the kid fucking sucks in space and couldn't tackle my little sister- OSU, Texas, and North IL all pretty much showcased him not getting the job done) and might be mixing it up with the interior D line as well. I have no idea what will happen when the untested D backfield runs into a real passing attack.

I hate to say, even with all the offensive potential, it just does not look good.

To be honest I probably would have bet 20,000 karma on the domers if they were a 14 pt favorite.

Hate to doubt my team, but I am a realist.

Becoming said:
I have been sickened by Michigan's D... There is NO WAY in hell that Northern IL should have gotten that many yards on them...

Yeah, I was at the game last weekend...the defense was pretty bad.

i know my Michigan bors are gonna get pissed with me but i hope the Irish take them out. i have to listen to these fucks at the bar play the goddam mich fight song, talk about every goddam mich game like it's the superbowl, blah, blah, blah. mich always loses a game early in the season anyway.

HumanTarget said:
mich always loses a game early in the season anyway.

As long as they lose to someone worth losing to, and go down with a fight...

I think maybe last weekend their egos got to them a little bit, too. I've been to tons of Big 10 vs. MAC games, and the Big 10 teams never play as well as they should because they come out with big heads and make mistakes.

starlet said:
As long as they lose to someone worth losing to, and go down with a fight...

I think maybe last weekend their egos got to them a little bit, too. I've been to tons of Big 10 vs. MAC games, and the Big 10 teams never play as well as they should because they come out with big heads and make mistakes.
i just don't understand being such a fanatic over a college team if you never attended their school. every year they all think they're gonna win the national title.

Top Bottom