Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

5/28: NBA Dallas at Phoenix

eat big

Dallas at Phoenix 8:30 pm EDT Western Conference finals Series tied, 1-1

PHOENIX (Ticker) - The difference between the Dallas Mavericks and Phoenix Suns may just be that the Mavericks have the ability and desire to play some occasional defense.

Fresh off a critical victory that evened the series at a game apiece, the Mavericks look to regain their home-court advantage Sunday when the teams meet in Game Three of the Western Conference finals.

After dropping a 121-118 decision in the series opener, Dallas rebounded for a 105-98 triumph on Friday as Dirk Nowitzki scored 30 points and Josh Howard added 29 despite an ankle injury.

The biggest factor for the Mavericks, however, might have been the newfound commitment to defense that they have exhibited this season.

Dallas held Phoenix to just 17 points in the first quarter and 21 in the final period. The Suns shot just 44 percent from the field for the contest and were outscored at the foul line, 25-8.

Boris Diaw, the Game One hero for Phoenix, collected 25 points and 10 rebounds and Shawn Marion added 19 points and 19 boards. Two-time reigning MVP Steve Nash had 16 points and 11 assists but did not attempt a field goal in the second half until the waning seconds, when the game already was decided.

The Suns played the contest without defensive-minded guard Raja Bell, who suffered a calf injury in the series opener and reportedly will be sidelined until at least Game Five.

Leandro Barbosa started in Bell's place and scored just eight points on 3-of-15 shooting, making him 4-of-22 from the field in the series.

Game Four is here Tuesday.

Last time I evened it up for you I won...let's try it again.

All in on the Suns, despite the line moving to Suns +1 @ -115.

swole said:
Last time I evened it up for you I won...let's try it again.

All in on the Suns, despite the line moving to Suns +1 @ -115.

Alright cool. It wasn't much of a move but it did change who the favorite was.

:sadfacefrown:

Top Bottom