Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

4/27 NHL NY Rangers @ Buffalo

• Thread starter Thread starter Spartacus
  • Start date Start date
S

Spartacus

The New York Rangers and the Buffalo Sabres will both be gunning for a victory on Friday when they meet at HSBC Arena in Game 2 of their Eastern Conference semi-final series.

Oddsmakers currently have the Sabres listed as 190-moneyline favorites versus the Rangers, while the game's total is sitting at 5½.

Ryan Miller stopped 32 shots and the Sabres dumped the Rangers 5-2 in the opener of their series on Wednesday night. Buffalo won the game as -180 favorites at HSBC Arena, while the final score made it OVER the posted over/under (5.5).

Thomas Vanek potted two goals, while Jason Pominville, Ales Kotalik and Drew Stafford had the other markers in the win.

Marcel Hossa and Brendan Shanahan replied for the Rangers, and Henrik Lundqvist made 32 saves in a losing effort.

The Rangers were +160 underdogs in Game 2.

Team records:
New York: 42-30-10
Buffalo: 53-22-7

sonofabeesting! i went and bet on the late game first. i usually like to bet early and then i gauge my next bet by how the first game went...

HumanTarget said:
sonofabeesting! i went and bet on the late game first. i usually like to bet early and then i gauge my next bet by how the first game went...
not a good strategy
treat each game individually

Spartacus said:
not a good strategy
treat each game individually
i meant like amount wise. is that still inaffective? i just know my hockey, i'm not a great gambler...

for the people who can't watch the game, it's 3-2 9:30 left in the third, sabres are leading and they just got a powerplay.

NYR have been playing a much better game though.

HumanTarget said:
i meant like amount wise. is that still inaffective? i just know my hockey, i'm not a great gambler...
I tend to look at the evening on the whole
if I like only one game I bet only one game
though you can employ strategies with money lines
say you feel kinda good about a couple of underdogs in a money line
you bet both hoping to split and make a little because the winning underdog will payoff better than 1-1 and thus pay for the losing bet
e.g. say you take two dogs at +140 each
one wins paying 140
one loses so you lose 100
and make 40

FriendlyCanadian said:
for the people who can't watch the game, it's 3-2 9:30 left in the third, sabres are leading and they just got a powerplay.

NYR have been playing a much better game though.
that was a tight final 2 minutes with the rangers running a 6 on 4
I found the versus channel on my cable
yay!
though I "lost"

Top Bottom