Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

4/24 NHL Philadelphia @ Montreal

• Thread starter Thread starter Spartacus
  • Start date Start date
this was the robbery gm of the century .. i think since they only show these games in canada the refs throw in a few extra calls for the ratings areas of interest :smshot:

hurricane187 said:
this was the robbery gm of the century .. i think since they only show these games in canada the refs throw in a few extra calls for the ratings areas of interest :smshot:

extra calls??? are you some kind of idiot?!?!

Richards went knee-on-knee with Kovalev...that's a penalty every time, no matter what point of the game it happens at. Dirty sonofabitch should have his face slashed open at the start of the next game for making a gutless play like that. :evil:

canadianhitman said:
extra calls??? are you some kind of idiot?!?!

Richards went knee-on-knee with Kovalev...that's a penalty every time, no matter what point of the game it happens at. Dirty sonofabitch should have his face slashed open at the start of the next game for making a gutless play like that. :evil:
ok melon head here is a note from a article about it . :p :p !!!
\There were 2 play's in the 3rd period which should have been called penalties against Montreal, which were not called... Even the announcers both said so...... TWO OF THEM

Then one penalty was called against Philly because the fans all screamed... It was a 1 or 2 second delay by the ref on that play.... He didn't call anything but when the fans all screamed at the same time, the ref. then raised his hand......pathetic...

The knee on knee penalty was really incidental.... Both their knees didn't touch.... Kovalev tried to move to his left when Richards hit him with his shoulder.... That was basically the only part's of their bodies which really banged into each other....

These observations being made, that was piss poor refereeing and Montreal got all the breaks....

Philly lost it in O.T... No one to blame there... But the refs. screwed up that game bad.....

As far as the goal...? You couldn't tell by the re-plays of the stick was over the net.... But the ref made the call and it must stand unless the re-plays show different.... When the ref pointed that the puck was in net, I thought he was just saying "there it is" but not actually calling it a goal without a review.... If he calls it no goal, with the re-play not showing it clearly, then it would have been no goal....

The Ref's sucked and it was a disgraceful showing by them.....

hurricane187 said:
philly got robed in this 1 with that last min BS to tie in regulation ...lolol u habs fans were sweating :chomp:
Nothing wrong with the goal in last minute. That was a beautiful shot, top shelf glove side.
Sweating for sure after going down 2-0 with the help of Breezebye empty netter. When are they going to go with O'Byrne?
I thought Kovalev's goal would have been called back for what looked to me like a high stick.

hurricane187 said:
ok melon head here is a note from a article about it . :p :p !!!
\There were 2 play's in the 3rd period which should have been called penalties against Montreal, which were not called... Even the announcers both said so...... TWO OF THEM

Then one penalty was called against Philly because the fans all screamed... It was a 1 or 2 second delay by the ref on that play.... He didn't call anything but when the fans all screamed at the same time, the ref. then raised his hand......pathetic...

The knee on knee penalty was really incidental.... Both their knees didn't touch.... Kovalev tried to move to his left when Richards hit him with his shoulder.... That was basically the only part's of their bodies which really banged into each other....

These observations being made, that was piss poor refereeing and Montreal got all the breaks....

Philly lost it in O.T... No one to blame there... But the refs. screwed up that game bad.....

As far as the goal...? You couldn't tell by the re-plays of the stick was over the net.... But the ref made the call and it must stand unless the re-plays show different.... When the ref pointed that the puck was in net, I thought he was just saying "there it is" but not actually calling it a goal without a review.... If he calls it no goal, with the re-play not showing it clearly, then it would have been no goal....

The Ref's sucked and it was a disgraceful showing by them.....
I don't know where you found this article or who wrote it. I understand how you feel you got the short end of the stick in this one.
The knee on knee although not intentional was knee on knee and you have to call that. He missed with the shoulder and slid out his knee as a reflex. That type of thing ends careers and when it happens to a star, you'll get it every time.
The game lacked some intensity. Maybe just a hangover from previous 7 game opening round and overtime to win for Philly just two nights before.

motodawg said:
yes i beat hurricane at something! lol petty ii know but non the less a moral victory

Stick around Motodawg. Hockey agrees with you. Can you see the games where you are?

hurricane187 said:
Even the announcers both said so...... TWO OF THEM

A pair of announcers biased against the habs said so? Wow...then it MUST be true.

hurricane187 said:

If their knees didn't touch, their legs made contact within inches of the knees. Kovalev was moving, and Richards sure didn't try to get his leg out of the way as he realized he was caught flat-footed. In fact, he put it out there on an angle far from his body because Kovalev was going to blow around him and there was nothing else he could do to stop him...which is pretty much the definition of kneeing. Or call it a trip...same result: two minutes in the box.

hurricane187 said:

Philly lost it in O.T... No one to blame there... But the refs. screwed up that game bad......

Each team had three penalties called against, and the referees let the Flyers away with a hell of a lot of clutch and grab in their end...they pretty much put their whistles away except on blatant penalties. Nothing wrong with that the way I see it...even calls made by equal standards, therefore fair

hurricane187 said:

On some of the angles, it's hard to tell. BUT, if you look at the angle taken by the camera behind the net, it looks like the blade of his stick is lower than the crossbar when he makes contact with the puck. That's the angle that matters, because that's the ref's vantage point when making that call 99.9 percent of the time. If that angle says the goal is good, then it should stand. They got it right.

not that serious really guys lol .. just put it this way alot of things went the habs way during the end .. questionable to say the least .. :artist:

Top Bottom