Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

3 year old Brooklyn boy beaten to death by guardian and boyfriend

heatherrae said:
No matter how many times I hear stories like that, I ache when I hear them. I picture someone hurting my little boy like that, and it is almost too much to bear.

I want to also shake the kid's real mom and dad, because they act like they are all devastated, but that is THEIR baby and they were too busy/too stoned/too lazy to care enough to take care of him themselves.

+1 hence the reason I went away for help for my substance abuse
I had too much to live for and too much to lose

ortiz34 said:
+1 hence the reason I went away for help for my substance abuse
I had too much to live for and too much to lose
Yes, exactly. You know the deal.

GUARDIAN said:
please edit title of your post b4 some bright person decides to g-bomb me.....lol

:)

I was like, "WTF!?!??! GUARDIAN beat up a 3 year old??? That PUSSY!!!

I'm gonna bomb you just for the principle of it though. Hope you learn from this bor.

heatherrae said:
No matter how many times I hear stories like that, I ache when I hear them. I picture someone hurting my little boy like that, and it is almost too much to bear.

I want to also shake the kid's real mom and dad, because they act like they are all devastated, but that is THEIR baby and they were too busy/too stoned/too lazy to care enough to take care of him themselves.

Agreed.

Although in this case they haven't clarified yet why the father did not get custody after the mother gave him up or even if he was fighting to get him.

Wow, wish i hadn't seen this..

velvett said:
Short version.

Drug Addict mother gives up child to guardian, guardian and boyfriend beat child to death after 8 months of "care". Guardian had had 4 children and one brother removed from her custody in TX and ACS (NY) never followed up to see what happen to her children before allowing her to care for a now dead child.

And yet we still allow anyone to breed and bust the balls of people who want to adopt.

I can't get my head around how twisted and f**ked in the head you have to be to not only beat a child but to torture them until you finally kill them.

2uejh2c.jpg

Dad 'crushed' over death of little Kyle

Tuesday, June 10th 2008, 4:00 AM

Photos posted on MySpace by dad of 3-year-old Kyle Smith, beaten to death last week, show the adorable tot mugging for the camera in an oversize baseball cap and celebrating his second birthday.

This is the angelic face of Kyle Smith before the Brooklyn 3-year-old was found beaten to death last week - an atrocious crime that left his dad "crushed."

Elliot Smith posted dozens of photos of his son's all-too-brief life on his MySpace page, where he wrote Monday that he was devastated by the murder.

"He is torn," Elliot Smith's mother, Norma Acosta, 45, said outside her Manhattan home. "He's in mourning right now. He's not doing very well at all, but he's hanging on."

One photo dated Aug. 12, 2006, shows Kyle smiling widely on his second birthday as he and his brother Darien, 6, ride gleefully in a toy car.

Another snapshot captures Kyle mugging for the camera in an oversize baseball cap.

They were bright moments in a life that would end in misery and isolation.

The boy's guardian, Nymeen Cheatham, 30, has admitted to beating Kyle with a hairbrush and her hands in the Bedford-Stuyvesant apartment she shared with her boyfriend, Lemar Martin, 25. Martin told cops he hit the boy repeatedly in the arm.

The couple stopped short of admitting to killing the boy.

Kyle had been staying with Cheatham and Martin since August 2007 because his drug addict mother was unable to take care of him. Cheatham did not have legal custody, and it was unclear why Smith did not claim his younger son. He could not be reached Monday.

Even though Cheatham applied for custody of Kyle, she wasn't much of a mom.

New York authorities apparently never knew that Cheatham's four biological children and younger brother were removed from her custody while she lived in Borger, Tex.

Officials in Texas received calls in July 2002 that Cheatham and her husband repeatedly locked the children in a bedroom and left them home alone for hours at a time. The children used a broken window to escape the filthy house with no running water and beg for food, Texas court records show.

It took more than an hour to coax the children, who ranged in age from 3 to 13, to open the door for social workers, court records show. One girl was hiding under a bed. Cheatham's children were placed with relatives in December 2003. It was unclear where Cheatham's 13-year-old brother was placed.

Four years later, in October 2007, Cheatham was trying to get legal custody of Kyle when the city's Administration for Children's Services interviewed her.

The social workers reported no signs of abuse or neglect, an official statement from the ACS said.

Several signs that could have tipped off authorities that something was wrong seemed to have fallen through the cracks.

Law enforcement sources said Cheatham told authorities she had four children in Texas, but no one ever followed up to find out what had happened to them.

Police sources told the Daily News that Acosta told the ACS she feared her grandson was being mistreated. A statement from the ACS, however, said the agency never received any complaints.

The custody case was closed in February without prejudice after Cheatham missed a court date, but nobody ever checked in on Kyle, law enforcement sources said. Cheatham never reopened the case.

Kyle's broken body was found on Friday. He had severe injuries to his mouth and bruises on his back, buttocks, legs and scrotum.

Cheatham and Martin were charged with assault and endangering the welfare of a child. Murder charges were pending, prosecutors said. City Councilman Bill de Blasio (D-Brooklyn) said he would be "asking more questions in the coming days to identify where we failed Kyle Smith."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_...0_dad_crushed_over_death_of_little_kyle_.html

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Couple confesses to beating 3-year-old boy, Kyle Smith

Monday, June 9th 2008, 7:11 PM

Prosecutors say a Brooklyn man and woman have confessed to beating a 3-year-old boy who died in their care just blocks from where a malnourished, severely abused girl was killed in a case that spurred calls for reform at the city's child-welfare agency.

Kyle Smith was sodomized, beaten, doused with cold water and forced to do push-ups and march in place as punishment, according to court papers. His numerous injuries included a torn tongue, bruises to his back, buttocks, legs and scrotum, and lacerations inside his anus.

The boy was pronounced dead at a hospital Friday after police were called to the apartment where he lived with Nymeen Cheatham, 30, and her companion Lemar Martin, 25. Cheatham and Martin were arrested Saturday and arraigned Sunday on charges including assault and endangering the welfare of a child.

Jonah Bruno, a spokesman for Brooklyn District Attorney Charles Hynes, said charges against Cheatham and Martin could be upgraded following an investigation.

Martin's attorney, Spiro Ferris, did not return a call seeking comment Monday.

Ferris and Joseph Miller, Cheatham's attorney, argued for their clients to be released on bail Sunday since the top charge was assault. But Supreme Court Justice John Walsh ordered them held without bail.

Neighbors told the Daily News that they saw the boy being abused but did not report it to authorities.

Hason Parker told the News that he once saw Cheatham screaming at Kyle outside in the cold. "It was 15 degrees and she had this heavy jacket on and he was in pajama shorts and a tank," Parker said. "The little boy was shivering and crying."

Cheatham and Martin did not have legal custody of Kyle, but he was living with them after his drug-addicted mother gave him up last year.

Both police and social workers from the city's Administration for Children's Services had visited the home and reported no signs of abuse.

Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly said officers were called to the home four times since late 2007, all for issues related to visitation with Kyle's biological father, Darien Smith.

Sheila Stainback, a spokeswoman for ACS, said the agency conducted a court-ordered investigation of the home last October after Cheatham filed for legal custody of Kyle.

"We found the house in order and the child happy and healthy at that time," she said.

Cheatham did not pursue legal custody, and ACS had no further official role in the matter.

Cheatham's and Martin's apartment on Patchen Avenue is in Brooklyn's Bedford-Stuyvesant section, the same neighborhood where 7-year-old Nixzmary Brown was killed in January 2006.

Nixzmary's stepfather, Cesar Rodriguez, was sentenced last month to up to 29 years in prison in her death. Her mother faces a separate trial later this year. The scrawny and battered girl was bound to a chair, starved and forced to urinate in a litter box before she was killed with a fatal blow to the head.

That case shocked the city and created pressure for reforms at ACS.

In the months following Nixzmary's death, the agency hired 20 "protective agents" with previous law enforcement experience to serve as consultants and help caseworkers improve their investigative skills.

The city also started a campaign to try to get New Yorkers to "say something" and dial 311 if they suspect abuse.

Stainback said no one reported Cheatham or Martin for abuse.

"The terrible case of abuse involving Kyle Smith is deeply felt here at ACS," she said. "We are again asking neighbors, family and friends to call 311 (or 911 in an emergency) if they suspect child abuse or neglect."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_...couple_confesses_to_beating_3yearold_boy.html

Top Bottom