Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

3/8 NHL Boston Bruins at Montreal Canadiens 7:30pm

i feel bad it happened, but i don't think the hit was bad at all. seemed more like a freak accident more than anything. i don't expect habs fans to agree with me, but come on. chara has never been known as a dirty player and you could tell afterward that he was really shaken up about it.

i feel bad it happened, but i don't think the hit was bad at all. seemed more like a freak accident more than anything. i don't expect habs fans to agree with me, but come on. chara has never been known as a dirty player and you could tell afterward that he was really shaken up about it.

not bad at all???
I'm obviously biased but there's no way chara doesn't know he's moving by his bench and that he's gonna get beat. As soon as you're tall enough to see over the boards, you know where the stanchions are. That's why he doesn't follow through with his shoulder and pushed Pacioretty over the bench knowing he'd run into a what amounts to a wall.
The most he could bring himself to say was it was "unfortunate". never even an apology. Classless.

not bad at all???
I'm obviously biased but there's no way chara doesn't know he's moving by his bench and that he's gonna get beat. As soon as you're tall enough to see over the boards, you know where the stanchions are. That's why he doesn't follow through with his shoulder and pushed Pacioretty over the bench knowing he'd run into a what amounts to a wall.
The most he could bring himself to say was it was "unfortunate". never even an apology. Classless.
if that hit was anywhere else on the ice, we aren't talking about it. when you're skating that fast it's pretty easy to only be focused on the man in front of you and less about your surroundings. obviously the nhl agrees as zdeno isn't getting suspended. every analyst i've heard talk about the issue (and i'm talking national not local) have all said that the hit wasn't dirty.

I would have given Chara the benefit of the doubt based on his clean record over the past 12 or 13 years, but this picture clearly shows he used his arm to make sure Pacioretty's head hit the glass. It's irrefutable....the league fucked up:

http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_spo...rts-320053676-1299704056.jpg?ym4zXrEDb60ckrEv

Whatever happens to Chara at the hands of Pacioretty's teammates is ok by me: a two-hander that breaks his wrist, tripping him on an icing race about ten feet from the boards, throwing a hip into his knee...you name it...he has it coming. If the league doesn't want to police it's players, the players will settle it themselves.

if that hit was anywhere else on the ice, we aren't talking about it. when you're skating that fast it's pretty easy to only be focused on the man in front of you and less about your surroundings. obviously the nhl agrees as zdeno isn't getting suspended. every analyst i've heard talk about the issue (and i'm talking national not local) have all said that the hit wasn't dirty.

I agree but it did happen where it did and is why that argument is retarded.
The league wants to penalize dirty hits. I don't think Chara wanted to break the guys neck but I am as certain as i can be that he knew he was going to hurt him by directing him into the stanchion. Kids know this from the age of peewee hockey.
Chara has his vision directed to the end of the bench and where glass begins. He knew what would happen if Pacioretty kept coming chasing the puck he could slam the door.

To not have any suspension is reprehensible and will lead to more dangerous plays. Basically, saying it's ok to slam an opponent into the stanchion. At least if you're the best player on your team.
Doesn't hurt that the jackass in charge of discipline is also the father of one of your team mates or that Jacobs is COTB of NHL.

I heard on the news this morning that Air Canada had sent a "strongly worded letter" to the NHL, that it will pull it's sponsorship if they don't start cleaning up the head shots. I don't know enough about it to argue one way or the other and I've never played the game, which can make a difference too but I heard a lot of different sports commentators saying it was clean as well. Definitely controversy and one more indication that the league needs to get some control.

I can't believe what I'm hearing..Police are investigating whether it was a criminal hit. Are you joking me? It's hockey, people fight, people check, people get hurt. The idea that this even got legs is ridiculous. When I heard about Habs fans calling 911 after the game asking for Chara's arrest I chalked it up to passionate fans overreacting. I can't believe they are wasting resources on this. Even if you think Chara's hit was dirty, illegal, whatever, you can't honestly think he should be arrested.

Top Bottom