Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

21 Year old playing highschool football

big4life

Plat Hero
Platinum
A question for everyone, but especially the college football fans.

Would you recruit a 21 year old MAN, who is playing highschool football? He is setting all sorts of rushing records, but he is playing against 16 & 17 year olds. Yes, he has accademic issues (DUH) and he is the father of two children with a third on the way.

What get's me is that all these schools, Forida, FSU. Carolina, Georgia, etc., are busting their butts to get this guy in school.

How long do they think he will make it?

Why would they want him on their team, when the coach of the state shrine bowl team didn't want him?

Of course not.

He'll probably get his shit kicked in by real athletes... besides, the fact that he's a grown man still in high school with 3 kids says a lot about his responsibility and what an asset (read: burden) he would be to a real team.

-Warik

Agree with Warik. The step between 16 yr old players and 21 yr old is huge. I remember when I used to play soccer how under 17 league here and 3rd division in Spain was two different planet. I guess it would be the same with football.

I agree, that's the biggest issue. The maturity level between him and his opponents is huge. Yet the schools keep coming. The only reason he got to play this year is because he turned 21 after school started, if it was before, he would have been ineligible.

But like someone said, "at least he won't get busted for underage drinking."

WTF do you think Chris Wienke was at FSU? He was 26 when he played as a senior.

To answer your question, no I wouldn't want him, but look at it htis way, he will also be 24-25 playing 18-19 yo's in college. Same Maturity? difference, and certainly the same PHYSICAL advantages. But overall, you will (probably) NOT make up for the social and mental issues..

there is a bigger difference between 17yr olds and 21 yr olds than there is with 21 yr olds and 24 year olds. By 21 most people hit their physical maturity and have a lot more size on them than they did when they were 17. Look at a thread I posted about being a geek in highschool. Someone posted that the football players would walk about with their sleeves rolled up thinking they were the shit-15 inch arms. Most highschool kids are puny compared to people older than them involved in the same activities. He shouldnt be allowed to play highschool sports.

VicTusDeuS said:
there is a bigger difference between 17yr olds and 21 yr olds than there is with 21 yr olds and 24 year olds. By 21 most people hit their physical maturity and have a lot more size on them than they did when they were 17. Look at a thread I posted about being a geek in highschool. Someone posted that the football players would walk about with their sleeves rolled up thinking they were the shit-15 inch arms. Most highschool kids are puny compared to people older than them involved in the same activities. He shouldnt be allowed to play highschool sports.

YEAH BUT THERE IS AN EVEN BIGGER DIFFERENCE B/ 21 AND 15,16 YEAR OLDS. ONLY A FEW PEOPLE ON THE TEAM ARE 17. USUALLY JUST THE SENIORS.

I REMEMBER SOME OF THOSE FOOLISH FOOTBALL PLAYERS (I PLAYED BASEBALL, NOT FOOTBALL) WHO USED TO THINK THEY WERE SO BIG. I SEE MOST OF THEM NOW AND THEIR JAW DROPS WHEN THEY SEE ME. ITS FUNNY AS HELL. EVEN IN HIGH SCHOOL WHEN I WAS SKINNY, I COULD STILL CURL MORE THAN MOST OF THE FOOTBALL PLAYERS. I WOULD WORK OUT WITH THE 50LB DB'S AT A WEIGHT OF ABOUT 150. THEY WERE MUCH BIGGER THAN ME AND THEY WOULD SAY HOW STRONG I WAS CUZ THEY COULD ONLY DO THE 40S WITH SHITTY FORM. IT WAS FUNNY.

KAYNE

bullett said:
WTF do you think Chris Wienke was at FSU? He was 26 when he played as a senior.

Sounds about right if he served in the Armed Forces after high school.

Top Bottom