Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

2002 Hawaii Ironman

KHMER ROGUE

Banned
I'm a fellow triathlete but not really active right now. However, I haven't checked the professional triathletes' ranking at Kona until now. Does anybody here know what the hell happened to Chris McCormack? "Succumbs to the heat of Kona" ? Bullshit. I'd like to hear some opinions here. I thought he was unstoppable this year, considering his past accomplishments. Sure, I have to hand it to Tim Deboom. What an incredible display of discipline. I guess it runs in the family, doesn't it?

One more thing, Peter Reid in 2nd? OMG. Heh.

HHHAHAHAHAHAH macc attack cracked!!!!!!

boy got cocky, his website says he didnt train for the weather in kona!

he broke one of the cardinal rules in training:

SPECIFICITY: if your race is in F'in hot weather then train in F'in hot weather

whats more interesting is tim debooms bout of "overtraining + WBC count depletion" hmmmmmm could that be from EPO overuse?

Re: HHHAHAHAHAHAH macc attack cracked!!!!!!

triguy said:
whats more interesting is tim debooms bout of "overtraining + WBC count depletion" hmmmmmm could that be from EPO overuse?

Expand on this triguy? What is the story here?

FHG

just a theory

just seems strange, this guy took off a year or something he says due to overtraining!? + a low wbc count? I was thinking he got anemia from EPO use or F'd up his immune system from it. I did a search on pubmed but couldnt find anything on healthy men,epo,wbc counts. So maybe he did have a bout of overtrainig, just seems alot of top guys, cyclists too seem too have bouts of this? seems strange to let yourself go that bad in overtraining that you need a year off.

Re: just a theory

triguy said:
just seems strange, this guy took off a year or something he says due to overtraining!? + a low wbc count? I was thinking he got anemia from EPO use or F'd up his immune system from it. I did a search on pubmed but couldnt find anything on healthy men,epo,wbc counts. So maybe he did have a bout of overtrainig, just seems alot of top guys, cyclists too seem too have bouts of this? seems strange to let yourself go that bad in overtraining that you need a year off.

Yeah that is strange. EPO is actually very safe as far as sides go. In fact they have recently discovered new uses for the drug. So I doubt his year off had anything to do with mismanaged EPO use.

Cyclists and triathletes always have overtraining problems-cyclists don't get injured because their sport is easy on the joints (unless they crash) so they can easily overtrain or become very fatigued. Triathletes have to train a lot so they can easily overtrain.

IMO (sorry triguy) triathletes are dumb-they tend to train way too much and do dumb stuff like 'who can ride the furthest w/o water' or other stupid shit that defies all training logic. When triathletes come on our group rides they ride so hard trying to show off to everyone. Then they brag about it. I usually ask how the last race went and they say 'I dropped out' or 'I was injured'-they train way too much and too hard and forget that it matters most on race day! Most of the pro guys are okay. Ususally the age-groupers are the big wannabes!

So save it for the race. Being able to do 700mile weeks all year is great, but it means shit if you can't even get to the race!

FHG

Or maybe he took that year off to do the genetic doping!

Endurance athletes:

Check out CuttingEdgeMuscle.com

This is a relatively new discussion board that has some great articles. Moderators Nandi12 and Monkeyballs have some great info you could benefit from.

Elite is a good board, but stop by Cutting Edge and check it out. It's worth it.

FHG

Top Bottom