Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

12/3 1-AA Playoffs RD2 Northern Iowa @ New Hampshire

• Thread starter Thread starter Spartacus
  • Start date Start date
S

Spartacus

While Appalachian was holding its seed in the bottom of the draw, New Hampshire was doing the same in the top of the bracket.

The Wildcats had the easiest time on Saturday in a 55-21 thrashing of Colgate. New Hampshire, led by 417 yards of total offense from quarterback Ricky Santos, piled up 605 yards to destroy a good Colgate defense. UNH rolled to a 34-0 halftime edge and were never threatened.

Colgate's loss brought a fine year by freshman running back Jordan Scott to an end. Scott rushed 32 times for 205 yards and three touchdowns, but it wasn't close to enough for the Raiders, who lost four interceptions.

The next challenge for New Hampshire will be Northern Iowa, which pulled out a 41-38 victory over dangerous Eastern Washington in the wildest shootout of the first round. Brian Wingert's 31-yard field goal with 51 seconds left capped a 17-point comeback and lifted the Panthers to the win at the boisterous UNI Dome.

With two of I-AA's top quarterbacks at the controls, the two teams combined for nearly 1,000 yards of offense and over 700 yards of passing.

Erik Meyer of Eastern Washington completed 25-of-44 passes for 387 yards and four touchdowns, but he was sacked seven times. Eric Sanders of Northern Iowa was a more efficient 31-of-40 for 330 yards and led the Panthers on a seven-play, 55-yard drive to set up Wingert's winning kick.

EWU, which had blown a big fourth-quarter lead to Sam Houston State last year in the quarterfinals, built a 38-24 lead with 11:03 remaining on Meyer's 29-yard TD pass to Raul Vijil. But UNI stormed back on a Sanders scoring toss of eight-yard to James Lindgren and David Horne's third touchdown run from the four to tie it with 5:22 left.

Horne piled up 141 yards on 28 carries to give Northern Iowa the balance that Eastern Washington (94 rushing yards) lacked.

bluehen said:
Nice line, think, think, think. New Hampshire was the only college team I won with on sat.

What's there to think about? I won 9k on UNH this will cost me 1k to bet on them again. Besides if I took 'em giving 27.5 I have to do it only giving 10.5 albeit against against a better team. N.Iowa will not stop the Santos & Ball show!

bluehen said:
Nice line, think, think, think. New Hampshire was the only college team I won with on sat.
shit I went 3-14
yikes
I did follow up with a decent 7-3 sunday

bluehen said:
Me too with Sunday, sucks because I was 6 of 7 for Thurs and Friday.
the karma I "won" booking basketball and these 1AA playoffs saved me saturday somewhat

slat1 said:
Lets hope my curse is over!

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Wildcats season has come to an end now they are not only going to not cover the spread they are going to loose outright. Anyone else looking to bet this game start the N. Iowa pile on now!

Top Bottom