Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

12/27 HOLIDAY BOWL on ESPN Texas @ Arizona State

motodawg

EF VIP
- A pair of Top 20 teams who deserved better bowl fates meet in the Holiday Bowl as 10-2 Arizona State battles the Texas Longhorns. The teams meet December 27 at Qualcomm Stadium in the Holiday Bowl, which might be the best of the early bowl games, assuming both teams are interested.

Oddsmakers currently have the Longhorns listed as 2½-point favorites versus the Sun Devils, while the game's total has not yet been posted.

Texas fell into a deep hole last time out, losing 38-30 at Texas A&M as 7-point road favorites. The 68 points scored were OVER the posted total of 60.

Colt McCoy went 17-for-32 for 229 yards, one touchdown and one interception, and Jamaal Charles had 173 combined yards and a major for the Longhorns.

Arizona State allowed 10 points in the fourth quarter but held on for a 20-17 win over Arizona last time out. Arizona State could not cover the 7-point spread, and the 37 points were well UNDER the night's posted total of 57.

Rudy Carpenter completed 20-of-37 pass attempts for 247 yards with two touchdowns in the win.

Team records:
Texas: 9-3 SU, 6-6 ATS
Arizona State: 10-2 SU, 6-6 ATS

Texas most recently:
When playing in December are 6-4
When playing on grass are 7-3
After being outgained are 10-0
When playing outside the conference are 9-1

Arizona State most recently:
When playing in December are 4-5
When playing on grass are 9-1
After outgaining opponent are 6-4
When playing outside the conference are 8-2

A few trends to consider:
Texas is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
The total has gone OVER in 8 of Texas's last 11 games
Arizona State is 10-2 SU in its last 12 games
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Arizona State's last 5 games
Arizona State is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games

I think ASU may be the hotter team over the last month. They lost to Oregon before Dixon went down and a very hot USC team. Neither team has a win over a currenlty ranked team.

I think this will be a shootout and that favors UT.

How can I bet against my alma mater? Especially with all-world names like Colt McCoy and Jamaal Charles.

Hook 'Em Horns!

I will run my sophisticated mathmatical model now. Its called the coin flip.

Ok, here we go. Heads Texas, Tails ASU..........Its tails! I'll take ASU.

I'm just guessing here,plus I have an 18 year old ASU coed hangin' out at myplace over the holidays
she's a GF of a guy renting a room outta my house
I hope to have pics soon

Should be a good game. Hard to top last nites comeback near victory by the chippewa's, The oddsmaker's feel it's going to be pretty close!

it's close to a home game for ASU. Tex has a beter ground game, neither has a defensive advantage. the one cat has thrown a shitload of
INT's, and that's the only reason i'm going w/ASU.......

Top Bottom