Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

11/6 NFL Monday Night Oakland @ Seattle

• Thread starter Thread starter Spartacus
  • Start date Start date
S

Spartacus

The Oakland Raiders and Seattle Seahawks will both be trying to pick up a win on Monday when they battle at Qwest Field.

Oddsmakers currently have the Seahawks listed as 7½-point favorites versus the Raiders, while the game's total is sitting at 37.

The Raiders got past Oakland 20-13 as a 9-point underdog last week. The combined score fell UNDER the posted over/under total (38.5).

The Oakland defense picked off four passes and returned two for touchdowns. Andrew Walter completed only 5-of-14 passes for 51 passes with an interception.

The Seahawks were clipped by Kansas City 35-22 as a 5-point underdog last week. The combined score went OVER the posted over/under total (37).

Seneca Wallace completed 15-of-30 passes for 198 yards with three touchdowns and two interceptions. Darrell Jackson caught three passes for 64 yards and a touchdown.

sort of anti-climatic
I have a date tonight out of town so I won't settle this one until tuesday

ok. So seattle is going to win. What do i bet on? I dont get the whole + and - thing. Need2 has tried to explain it but I dont get it

Angel said:
ok. So seattle is going to win. What do i bet on? I dont get the whole + and - thing. Need2 has tried to explain it but I dont get it
seattle has to win by better than 7.5 for you to win if you bet seattle
for example
oakland 20 seattle 27 means oakland wins because you add 7.5 to oakland's actual score
oakland 20 seattle 28 means seattle wins because you subtract 7.5 from seattle's actual score of 28,which leaves 20.5 or better than oakland's 20
the half points are useful to break ties
basically when you see a + you add that amount of points to that teams actual
if the adjusted amount is higher than the other teams actual you win

I can't wait for Oakland to beat the Seahawks at home.

I ditched my date
I thought about mentioning how difficult it is to explain a pointspread to females
but I think it's because they have an opposite brain hemisphere that gets the attention in childhood
I've tried to explain the "point system" to a girlfriend working on a masters in accounting

Top Bottom