Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

10/22 NCAA Texas Tech @ Texas

• Thread starter Thread starter Spartacus
  • Start date Start date
i define it as the book fudging the line a little to entice the public to bet on one side over the other, in this case enticing you to take texas tech, because the book believes that texas will rout texas tech
so trapping is actually the book betting on the game itself trying to make a big profit instead of getting half the action on each side
they feel they know something the public doesnt know and can make a killing on the game
personally i thought the # was going to be about 13 i was surprised it is 17
i still am not sure this is a classic trap or not

hamstershaver said:
i define it as the book fudging the line a little to entice the public to bet on one side over the other, in this case enticing you to take texas tech, because the book believes that texas will rout texas tech
so trapping is actually the book betting on the game itself trying to make a big profit instead of getting half the action on each side
they feel they know something the public doesnt know and can make a killing on the game
personally i thought the # was going to be about 13 i was surprised it is 17
i still am not sure this is a classic trap or not
I thought about bringing USC down to 27.5 instead of 30 so more would bet on USC
but I didn't

in this particular game that 17 looked large
by "trap" I meant it wasn't going to be enough

Top Bottom