Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

1/5 NFL PLAYOFFS Jacksonville @ Pittsburgh +3.5

• Thread starter Thread starter Spartacus
  • Start date Start date
S

Spartacus

Jacksonville came to Pittsburgh three weeks ago and won in the snow. They might have to do it again in the AFC Wild Card. The surging Jags visit the Steelers, who will be without RB Willie Parker. Both come off meaningless road losses last week. Of note, Jacksonville is 7-1 ATS past eight meetings with Pittsburgh.

Oddsmakers currently have the Jaguars listed as 3-point favorites versus the Steelers, while the game's total is sitting at 39½.

The Jaguars lost to Houston 42-28 as a 6.5-point underdog in Week 17. The combined score went OVER the posted over/under total (41.5).

Quinn Gray completed 25-of-39 passes for 302 yards with four touchdowns for Jacksonville and Ernest Wilford caught six passes for 58 yards with two touchdowns.

The Steelers lost to Baltimore 27-21 as a 3-point favorite in Week 17. The combined score went OVER the posted over/under total (35).

Charlie Batch completed 16-of-31 passes for 218 yards with two touchdowns and two interceptions for Pittsburgh, while Santonio Holmes caught four passes for 98 yards with a touchdown.

Team records:
Jacksonville: 11-5 SU, 11-5 ATS
Pittsburgh: 10-6 SU, 8-8 ATS

im all in on the jags on both threads..... im crazy like that :evil: :chomp:

Steelers +2.5
Prior to season’s start, I claimed the Jaguars were the AFC’s sleeper team, a legitimate top tier competitor and a team that would continually trade below intrinsic value. All three assumptions have held true. However, much like the Redskins, the Jaguars have become a team that has a full bandwagon, and that means its time for me to jump off. I will gladly take a playoff tested home team that has become out of favor and is getting points.

There is no denying the Jaguars are the team playing better football, are healthier, and had the upper hand against their opponent less than a month ago. However, books compensated for such variables with the opening price, and line movement has magnified the issue. The Jaguars have the most underrated passing game in the league and a dominant running game. However, neither should be expected to have the upper hand against arguably the NFL’s best defense. If the Steelers can curtail the potency of the Jaguars running game, which they can easily do, the Jaguars may find trouble. Although Garrard has put forth a solid season, I question his ability to sustain his regular season play in his first playoff start, on the road, and against a complex defense.

Much like the Jaguars, the Steelers are heavily dependent on their running game for success. Perception is the Jaguars have a dominant run defense, and the Steelers running game will suffer without Parker. However, perception may not be reality in this game. The Jaguars run defense is overrated, and their numbers masked by playing with big leads and against not many dominant running attacks. Although the depth and integrity of employing a multi style running attack is questioned with the absence of Parker, the expected decrease in efficiency in the Steelers running game is blown out of proportion. Davenport was more efficient, more consistent, and secured the ball better than Parker. He is also better suited to handle the physicality of the Jaguars defense. The Steelers passing game has gone downhill, but I will gladly back Ben when out of favor and expected to due poorly.

Pittsburgh is a brutal place to play in come playoff time. Especially for an inexperienced team lead by an inexperienced quarterback. I have not problem backing the Steelers when they are out of favor and with their backs against the wall- as that is when they are at their best. The Jaguars had a great season, but is should come to an end Saturday Night.

Top Bottom