Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Training on a full stomach vs empty with preworkout

DanoC

I've always been confused about this. I want nutrients in my system but the rush of a preworkout. What's best for compound movement workouts?

Sent from my Venture using EliteFitness

For me, I like to have carbs and protien about an hour prior to my workout. Then a shake or meal post workout. This works for me. If you want your pre wo supps to work have light meals and only use those supps when needed. Dont consume much caffiene leading up to your pre wo supps. Try cycling the pre wo supps like week on week off. My body becomes immune to those pre wo supps very quickly so I barley use them. I use food and sometimes some caffiene for a pre wo supp.

I usually eat about 45 min before upper body and 2 hours before lower. If I eat too close to sq or dl ill be puking while I'm lifting. I like my stomach to be empty so there's no issues during lower sessions.

Use code joeb15 for 15% of at Ntbm.

Ntbm support number
tel:1-631-443-4461

http://venomchat.com/

I find that if I don't eat enough before working out and I lift at extremely high intensity, that intend up puking my pre workout drink out as soon as I finish or while I'm lifting

depends on what you want to do..

the liver stores 300-400 cals of glycogen that is quickly and readily available for energy use during exertion, the muscle also stores some, but it's hard to say..

this is of coarse unless you are in a fasted state, meaning it's been so long since you last ate (over night) that your body has very little glucose to use for energy (high intense cardio can cause a sugar crash in this case)..

it takes about 1.5 hours for the body to process food in the digestive system, during this 1.5 hours your body is sending large quantities of blood to the digestive system to facilitate digestion, water too.. if you exercise in this condition your body is fighting back and forth, your muscles are screaming for blood that has oxygen, then your digestive system is screaming for blood to carry off nutrients..

so again it depends on what you are trying to do/accomplish..

stored fat burning, is fasted cardio... but long duration and moderate effort, if too much effort is used the body will convert proteins (muscle) for energy .. example... moderate for me is 110-125 bpm .. .during high intensity lifting, 164 is the max bp and the body/muscle can only use the energy stored in the muscle during contraction.. sooooo never do heavy lifting in a fasted state..

so a pre workout with low or rather fast digesting foods is ok, and preferred.. 45minutes to 1.5 hours pre workout..

post workout same thing, fast digesting proteins... i do not advocate dextrose and simple sugars, (some do, it's to create an insulin spike to effect the "dumping" of nutrients into the muscles but it just makes me fat) but then i don't allow for a routine that lasts longer than 45 minutes for resistance training... i can train right up to the point of low blood sugar levels, and knowing how your body performs is what really matters..

Top Bottom