Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

NFL Rookie Salary Cap - What's Your Take

Rookies make WAY too much. I think the max the rookie should have been allowed was 20 million.

Why do agents try to make it more important to have a great colligate career than professional.

This also fucks the bad teams if the palyer doesn't pan out. They lack cap room to pursue good players. One example is Robert Gallery of the Raiders. A lot of money, little payoff. I think they gave up and switched him to a guard. Thats a lost deal. Now thay have him, Russell, and McFadden all on big contracts, plus all the overpriced free agents. The team will collapse in 5 years. They can't afford this, and the teams still a low ranking team. So the first rounders will be required more money next year.

Cliff Notes for above.....The NFL and rookie pay is a major clusterfuck.

Geeze, where to start.

I'm not going to write a novel here showing off my expertise in this area as I know for a fact I could take any NFL or any NBA team to a championship within 5 years of taking over as GM but since I didn't playv professionally in the league, I don't get a chance. All of those chances go to the great minds of Isiah Thomas, Michael Jordan, Matt Millen, Kevin McHale, and the list goes on. But of course, since you are a great athlete it would make sense to hire you for a business position. Geeze. Dumbasses.

But, the NBA has it to as close to right as there is. You need to slot the picks with certain exceptions such as by position as the NBA and the NFL are hugely different in this area. If you take the NFL's 23rd overall pick and he is a guard and the 24th pick is a quarterback, there should be a slight, a very slight adjustment for that. But except for running back, Peyton manning( the great QB of all time) and occasionally offensive tackle, rookies and 2 and 3rd year players all take a time to get good anyway. So you HAVE to have these guys slotted into pay.
\
The big difference between the NFL and NBA/MLB is contracts in the NFL are not guaranteed which is great. In baseball and basketball, if you sign a 6 year copntract today and just don't quit, you could absolutely suck, get hurt in the first game of every seaswon and you will still get the exact same money as you would if you were an all star in those 6 seasopns. That needs to xchange.

I could go on and on. i know more than all of these overated GM's and it is complete bullshit that I will never get a chance to show it, but hey, I've never lost at fantasy football so I guess that is a nice consoltation prize. LOL. Yeah right

Sexy-boy said:
Geeze, where to start.

I'm not going to write a novel here showing off my expertise in this area as I know for a fact I could take any NFL or any NBA team to a championship within 5 years of taking over as GM but since I didn't playv professionally in the league, I don't get a chance. All of those chances go to the great minds of Isiah Thomas, Michael Jordan, Matt Millen, Kevin McHale, and the list goes on. But of course, since you are a great athlete it would make sense to hire you for a business position. Geeze. Dumbasses.

But, the NBA has it to as close to right as there is. You need to slot the picks with certain exceptions such as by position as the NBA and the NFL are hugely different in this area. If you take the NFL's 23rd overall pick and he is a guard and the 24th pick is a quarterback, there should be a slight, a very slight adjustment for that. But except for running back, Peyton manning( the great QB of all time) and occasionally offensive tackle, rookies and 2 and 3rd year players all take a time to get good anyway. So you HAVE to have these guys slotted into pay.
\
The big difference between the NFL and NBA/MLB is contracts in the NFL are not guaranteed which is great. In baseball and basketball, if you sign a 6 year copntract today and just don't quit, you could absolutely suck, get hurt in the first game of every seaswon and you will still get the exact same money as you would if you were an all star in those 6 seasopns. That needs to xchange.

I could go on and on. i know more than all of these overated GM's and it is complete bullshit that I will never get a chance to show it, but hey, I've never lost at fantasy football so I guess that is a nice consoltation prize. LOL. Yeah right

Are you for real? Stick to the fantasy football my man as you are currently in "fantasy" land with this post.

I only need to name football player to show how f'ed up the system is!
Jamarcus Russell!
Waste of money...

shit...none of them deserve the kind of money they make. I don't care how good they are. That shit is ridiculous.

Top Bottom